Tuesday, 11 April 2017

My 50th Birthday - Part 2

My day started with my eldest daughter, Elle, and my youngest grandson, Brayden, dropping in for a quick visit before she went to work.  Elle gave my a beautiful bunch of flowers and some tasty chocolates.. It was so good to see them and their pressies were very welcomed.. Thanks Elle.xx
Hubby then made me a delicious breakfast, for me to have in bed..umm arhhh - crumbs in the bed... I could get used to this kind of treatment..  Thanks Hubby..xx
Wayne and my middle son, James, gave me three red charms for my Pandora Bracelet...they are just perfect, thank you sweethearts...xxx
Youngest daughter gave me a very cuddly snuggle rug and some very delicious smelling creams... 
Thank you darling..xxx
 A bit of left over cake, from yesterdays outing with The Tuesday Girls, for morning tea..thanks again girls..xxx
 My mum and her husband drove down from Hervey Bay to spend my birthday with me and to let me know just how much pain she was in - some 50 years ago - during my birth..lol  We spent the evening chatting and watching some home movies.. Dinner consisted of nibblies and my birthday choccies..
Thanks for coming down mum..xxx
 Having had such a late night last night, we decided to have our morning coffee in the yard, watching our poultry...   I love watching our geese, they are such curious creatures...always checking out what anyone is doing..
 I'm not sure who is watching who or what she is thinking right this minute..  lol
 On Saturday my mother decided I had to take her up to Mt Tamborine to see the Birchgrove Nursery that I am always mentioning - usually after a trip there with The Tuesday Girls..
So Hubby, Mum, Graham and myself took a drive up there.   They loved it, mum checked out ALL the flowers and Graham checked out all the trinkets..
 The food case was looking mighty fine and we decided to stay for lunch.  I had the chicken and mushroom filo..
 Hubby and I split desert - I was feeling a little full after the filo.  We had the lime and pistachio cheesecake - oh my...yumm...
 Sneaking up on mum taking photos of the flowers..
 Sprung...


 Upon our return home, I walked in on this...
 My kids, husband, mother and Graham had planned a surprise party for me.. and I had NO IDEA..
Apparently they had been planning it for ages and had been having secret meetings and phone calls behind my back..  My husband stated that he felt like he was having an affair because that's how guilty he had been feeling by going behind my back to plan the surprise... Elle said she felt so guilty that she had to drop by early on Wednesday to bring me flowers before work and my youngest son's girlfriend said she felt no guilt at all..   I don't know how they pulled it off..I am not trusting any of them again...lol  
We had sushi and cheese platters, fruit platters, cake and subway rolls..  oh and Mascato and Blue Lagoons - I think someone kept topping up my glass.. 
I wished I took some photo's for this post but I think I was in a state of shock for most of it..  I did get this photo of my birthday cake..  Michaela knows how much I love her cooking and made my birthday cake - even if she was not feeling guilty about surprising me...  Totally delicious... Thanks Mikka and Jaxon..xxx
Now you may be wondering if I bought anything at Birchgrove Nursery - of course I did... meet my new rose...

 Just too pretty... 
 I took a photo of these because my daughter gave them to me for Christmas and I thought they warranted a photo - matching purple gloves and clippers... too pretty..  thanks Elle..
Thank you everyone for all your birthday wishes, I have had a fabulous birthday and have felt the love from all of you.. To my family - I will be suspicious about all your doings from now on..lol
 It has been a very tiring and busy week but a great one. 
Love you all..
xxx

2 comments:

  1. How sneaky - what a great surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful celebration and wonderful surprise xx

    ReplyDelete