Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Tuesday Girls and Show n Tell

The Tuesday Girls came to my place today and I thought I should do a little bit of show n tell to prove that I have been creative lately...
So I dragged out some of my finished and not-so-finished projects to show them..
I have been collecting little boxes for a little while - not sure why - but sometimes they just look like a great size or shape and are pretty sturdy in how they are made.  You know the sort - usually
make-up comes in them, jewellery,  or in my case - some of my boxes came from a set of taps.  Any how here is a photo of some of the collected boxes..
I have pulled out some of the boxes and started to play with them, and this is what I have come up with so far...
 I have always loved playing with paper and these ones have been so much fun to make.  I am sure they will come in handy at christmas time for putting pressies in..  I still have some more to play with and I will put them up too when I have done them..
Now moving away from paper craft - while I was on holiday in New Zealand I found some time to do a little bit of stitching..  I prepped this before I went to make it easy to pull out... I am planning on turning it into a wall hanging..
I have also, lately been turning my Natalie Bird quilt blocks into wall hangings instead of making another quilt.. Here is one of them..
I have also prepped all my Welcome Home blocks but I am planning on taking them with me on my next retreat to blanket stitch..
My Lucy Boston blocks have been getting some attention lately too...
Well that's all for my show n tell - moving on to todays get together...
Teresa supplied a yummy morning tea today and while you are checking out the food on the board - take note of her lovely cheese knives...
Helen finished her  gorgeous wall hanging today, so we were able to take a photo of it...
 We had another fabulous day and as the girls were leaving today, I noticed some mail in my letterbox, and to my delight, these pretty washi tapes had arrived...  I was hoping they would arrive so I could admire them and  now that I have them in my mitts I am really looking forward to playing with them...
That's all today...
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi a lovely post,your boxes look fantastic ,love your work and have fun with your tapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect small boxes too, dont know why but i do! Love you idea though. Love the stitchery of the cottage and all your other projects! Can't wait to see what you do with the washi tape???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plenty of eye candy here Sandi - lovely stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic boxes like i keep saying you girls do have fun ❤️

    ReplyDelete