Sunday, 19 February 2017

New Zealand - Day 4 Queenstown

After such a busy day yesterday, it was lovely to start the day off a bit slower..
This is the view from our bedroom - such a hard life to wake up to this everyday... somebody has to do it I suppose...

Might just mozy down for brekky on the front veranda...
 and check out the views while eating my raisin toast...such a hard life...
After brekky is was back up to the extremely high place again - The Gondola...oh joy..
not looking down....keep your eyes on the hillside...

Hubby, his sister and Brother-in-law wanted to ride the Luge... I think I might skip this little adventure - certainly don't want to go on THAT to get up to the start...


Let the races begin....
 Looks like fun coming down - just don't like the way you get up there...
 I think while they are enjoying themselves, I might have morning tea and do a little shopping..
Now that's better...  cheese scones...yummo
 Great photo of Wayne with his sister Fran and his mother Meg..
Back at the unit this little guy decided he would pay us a visit...awww makes me miss Maci....
 He walked right on in and, of course, got heaps of pats for being so brave...or should I say -
"at home"...
Wayne and I spent the morning in town looking around
 Love this sign....
 Ummm they don't like possums in New Zealand - not native to their country and this skin was nailed outside one of the shops in the mall...
 Gorgeous doors....
The afternoon found us at the Below Zero Bar... yooooohoooo...
What a blast...will definitely do this again..
 After putting on our coats, we walk into a room with coloured lights, loud music, glasses made of ice, in fact everything is made of ice...  We love this place...
The air hockey table was fun and I won...yep bragging rights are mine..  mind you, I got the first one in the hole and I was not going to play again as I knew I would not be able to keep my winning title..sorry babe..
 The chandelier was made of ice too..
 Ice sculptures...
 Posing for photos..

 The ice bar..
 and ice counters...
 Very hard to get great photos with the light changing colour all the time..
 Selfies... well actually - not a selfie - there was a photo booth in there so we took some photos..
 Don't look kids - mum and dad are at it again...

 I can not remember what these cocktails were called but oh boy - they were yum... I think we are on to our third by now...
 Love this seat...and yep all ice...
 A closer look at the light...

 I'm starting to get cold...lol   might need more alcomohol..

 Sculptured penguins..
 Meeting people...  No idea what their names are...lol




The waitress invited us to go behind the bar...wooo hooo - more drinkies...
Definitely time to head home...sad face.. 
Wayne's family wanted to go back up the gondola to see it at night.  Me, well, I was feeling very contented with my buzz from my drinks and did not want to spoil it by going up a scary mountain again... so here are hubby's photos.



 There is a jelly bean shop up there and he took some pics of the artworks all made from jelly beans..


 Well, again, that's it for another busy day...
cya.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment