Friday, 25 November 2016

WARWICK RETREAT

The Tuesday Girls and friends had another fabulous time at our favourite Retreat Destination - Glenrose Patchwork.  There were, of course, heaps to eat...
The top left food photo (cant remember what it was called) was made by the lovely Susan for us to try - it was delicious.  Not as smart move on Susan's behalf because now we will be expecting this kind of treat from her each time we go...  Now if I can remember correctly - it is a whole camembert cheese, sliced in half, then bacon and onion was sandwiched in the middle and then wrapped in puff pastry..  Oh dear - the standards have risen quite a lot - thank you Susan for spoiling us..
Susan's creation - yummmmmmm
 Susan also provided a little challenge for us all - thank you Susan.  We had a ball making these - not sure of the technical name but it is a magnetic holder for your needle..
Here they are all finished - didn't they come up great... 
I cannot find a lot of my photos of what we were sewing on retreat - maybe people are not blogging much and I cannot steal their photos...lol 
Anyhow I do have this one of a quilt that De made during our visit.
I worked on a Christmas quilt - here are some of the blocks finished..


This is what it will look like when I put these blocks together - I haven't chosen a border fabric yet but I'm sure I will find something to suit..
There were a couple of storms while away and as a result we were honoured with a spectacular rainbow.  Unfortunately my photo just doesn't do it justice but you get the idea.. every colour was visible...
On the way home we called into Glengallen Homestead.. What a beautiful old place, even with its cracked walls and stolen architraves, you can still see the beauty that was once there..
Such a grand old house...wish it was mine...
The rear of the building.
Here is what it looked like before people decided it was worth saving.. poor old thing..
                                                       Sitting on the veranda..
 My car buddy for the retreat - we look totally normal - don't be fooled...lol  I think we laughed all the way home...

 This was the little store outside the old building..
 Treasures found inside - beautiful vintage dress, modern toilet, mummified cat - what more could a woman want...
My favourite photo is the one of the hand rail at the base of the wooden stairs.. oh and how modern were they to have a marble bath tub..
De is re-inacting Gone With The Wind...
So many things to look at - I love these door handles.
Well that's it for me.  Hopefully I can track down some more photo's of the girls and what beautiful projects they were working on.  Thanks girls for a fabulous retreat, I am looking forward to our next one.  Thanks Nor for being my cottage buddy and Teresa for being my car buddy. I had a fantastic time...
xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandi ,wow what a lot of fun,i enjoyed reading what you all got up to,omg the food is like being at a fancy restaurant,you took some lovely pics Sandi and i love De's quilt,thankyou for sharing your fun time,and yes i can imagine you and Teresa driving home laughing your heads off,great fun with great friends xx

    ReplyDelete