Tuesday, 13 September 2016

A Swap, An Outing, Food and Some Sewing...

Today is the opening day for our "No Fuss Swappers - Road Trip" swap.  My partner was Shez and she sent me this beautiful pastel laundry bag using  gorgeous blue rose fabric..  I am thinking she knows just how much I love roses...  Also included in the swap was a pretty fat quarter, a luggage tag and, of course, those road trip essentials - lollies..  Thanks Shez, I love them all and I can not wait to go on retreat/holidays so I can use them - welllllll maybe not the lollies cause I just don't think they will last that long...lol  Thanks for being my swap partner...xxx
I did a little road trip yesterday with the very kind Helen and upon our return she gave me morning tea - her famous yummy banana bread.. thank you Helen for coming with me on my errand, your company was very appreciated.  xxx
During our stitching day last week I was given a very special mug rug..can you see why it is special.
Maci can see why it is special too...  The lovely Teresa made this for me and I think it is just great...it has taken pride position on my bedside table so I can see and use it every day..  Thank you Teresa xxx
It was my turn to supply morning tea last week and seeing as I knew we were going out for morning tea, I thought I would bring along a healthy bar that I had planned on tasting..  It did look rather ordinary on the plate and I did cut it into four pieces which did make it look more pathetic but it wasn't too bad with the main ingredients being dates.. It was gluten free, sugar free, wheat free and taste free... lol well maybe not taste free... 
This was the reason I was not too concerned about my meagre effort for morning tea.  We have had a new café opened up in our area - "Mondaze" .. So on Tuesday we went to Mondaze...lol - ok I know, pretty lame but someone had to say it...
I ordered the baby milkshake, yes that's right - the kiddy sized one and thank goodness I did.. This is the salted caramel milkshake with pretzels and nutella...  yummy but a little too deadly for me. Oh and I almost forgot - it came with a half a donut too...
 
Saturday night was an outing of a different kind..  Hubby, Helen, Susan and myself  headed to the Tivoli Theatre to see The Bootleg Beetles.  This is the first time I have been to this old theatre and the combination of the 'old' band and the theatre were a perfect match..  I love old buildings, so much character and history.
Before the show we all headed to The Pancake Manor for dinner.  I have not been to the Manor for about 30 years (hubby informs me it was before I met him), so pre-courting days.  I have no idea why I have not been back because I did enjoy the meal immensely, and it goes without saying - the company was fantastic too.
On the way to the theatre we came across this gorgeous tree covered in fairy lights.  Even though it was raining, Helen managed to take a great photo.   I wonder why it was lit up like that but it did make our night a little bit more special..
  Hubby and I waiting for the show to start...  
Helen and Susan waiting patiently too.. 
All I can say is - GO AND SEE THEM.. The Bootleg Beetles were amazing.  My hands hurt from the clapping, my voice was hoarse from the singing and my jaw was sore from the grinning.  They had the beetles down pat - I feel like I have actually been to a real Beetles Concert.  All four of us sang along to the songs, it was soooo good.  Thanks for coming girls..xx
I am going to finish this post with a little sewing - yes I do sew - mostly secret stuff lately but this one is not a secret so I can show you.  This is my last block for the Natalie Bird - Blue Birdlane Quilt.
I have all nine blocks finished now and will take them for show n tell at our next Sunday Stitchers meeting.  I think the others are trying to have their blocks joined together but I don't plan on do that just yet, maybe another day, maybe not...
Well that's it for me, another busy few weeks and tomorrow will mark the half way point in September, just a concerning reminder about how close Christmas is.  Can someone pleassssee slow down the rest of the year, I would be greatly appreciative...
cheers
xx 

1 comment:

  1. Hi SAndi I am so glad that you like your laundry bag and gifts,it was a fun swap ,I hope mine will come tomorrow.
    Oh the mug rug is so cute ,Teresa is so clever it looks fantastic .
    What a wonderful time you had with hubby and the girls .
    I agree Xmas is coming up way to fast,lol,hope you have a lovely evening my friend xx

    ReplyDelete