Friday, 26 August 2016

Lets Just Call This Post "August".

I am getting so fed up with this year just disappearing before my eyes.  One minute I am thinking about it being the first of the month and the next I am wondering what happened to that same said month.  Anyhow enough complaining...
You all know one of The Tuesday Girls, Teresa,  has been away on holidays, but now she is back where she belongs - with us... (and if you are reading this Teresa - you are not allowed to leave us again for a long time - three weeks is just way too long)..
I don't know how Teresa did it, as she was travelling to remote parts of Australia but she still managed to bring us back pressies.. 
We each were given a gorgeous piece of fabric - I keep fondling it, trying to come up with the perfect usage for it but at the moment I am just enjoying its silky texture..  wrapped up inside I found a pretty
necklace which goes beautifully with the fabric..  Thank you Teresa - I love my gifts. 
I just had to add a photo of these beautiful roses, home grown from my very own garden, and they smell divine.
I have done a little sewing - I finished this Lynette Anderson pattern.  Helen and I bought them when we were on our last retreat. I did change it a little - of course - I added buttons to the tabs instead of circular stitched fabrics.  I have done some other sewing but its all secret squirrel stuff so I can not show you yet...maybe in my next post.
Two weeks ago we had our stitching day at Helen's and she delighted us with a home-baked banana cake.  Oh boy it was yummy, too yummy in fact because we all had seconds and maybe even thirds..
Thanks Helen, and you are most welcome to bake for us whenever you desire to..
I was stitching on the day - I started a little wall hanging for my laundry..
Last week, my mum came down for a few days.  Her stay was planned around the same time I have the grandkids for two days minding.  Mum had a ball playing with her great-grandsons.. I do think they wore her out a little though...lol  Brayden loved going through the photos on mums ipad...
The boys had a ball too.  They dragged poor great-grandma and grandpa around everywhere, showing them all the things they love to do.  I don't know who had the most fun, mum or the kids - I think it was a tie.. 
Hubby and I have been wanting to try something different for a while now and finally came across a dance class starting up in our area.  We have only done one night so far but boy did we have fun.  I think our old "disco days" was coming out because we were reminded several times to slow down our tempo... after all we were practicing the waltz ..lol   
 Nor was in-charge of Morning Tea last week and wow, did she go all out, we had Pavlova.. 
Helen was unable to be with us, so we had to eat her portion as well - couldn't let it go to waste..
We decided it would only be fair if we all started with a strawberry topped piece first...lol  Can you make out your slice Helen?... 
I chose not to stitch last week, so instead I covered some mobile phone boxes with pretty papers so I can use them to store 'crap' in.. 
My before photo..
My after photo... 
Now after our sugar over-load we got a little silly - again... and decided to try writing with our
non-dominate hand...  I think I did pretty good, Nor - well maybe not so good and Teresa - well what can I say - She cheated and changed back to her normal writing hand...lol 
Well that's it for today, I will have a little more to add soon as August is not quite over yet so hopefully I will see you all very soon...
cya
xxx 

10 comments:

  1. Hi SAndi ,I love the fabric and necklace Teresa bought back for you,and what a lot of fun your mum would've had with the grandies. Wow you girls always have so much amazing food to eat and I love your covered boxes SAndi,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric and nice work on the stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where August went either...I've got a few boxes lying around,...maybe I need to try covering them ...
    A fun post...as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't now what is going on I put my post up once and it went on your blog several time. Took me forever I put a post on my blog tonight as well.

      Delete
    2. I don't now what is going on I put my post up once and it went on your blog several time. Took me forever I put a post on my blog tonight as well.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you have all been busy eating cooking and sewing what a busy group of lovely ladys. I am with you about the month going so fast.Love your wallhanging. Look like your mum was having a great time with the great grandson. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well your time is disappearing because you are packing so much fun into it.... wonderful.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete