Friday, 8 July 2016

Warwick Retreat - Part 1.

I'm running late with my posts again, so I will try and do a quick catch up. The last week in June saw a group of us heading off for a retreat in Warwick.  We always stay at Glenrose Patchwork and every time we come here we are never disappointed.  A lovely surprise was waiting for us this time, this gorgeous orange tree, which last year had only a couple of fruit, was very heavily in fruit.  I love this little tree and never once did I walk past it without admiring its beauty.
During the week we, of course, were treating our tastebuds to a delightful collection of sweets.

We all participated in a swap and here is what the lovely De gave me.  I was a lucky girl and got some very pretty items.  There were some treats too but naturally they did not survive long enough to make the photo.
This cute water bottle was my main pressie from De..    Thanks De I love all my gifts..xxx

There was a lot of stitching going on over the week and here is just a few photos from the talented girls..
Cheryl started to put together this colourful quilt.
De's cute wall-hanging.
Teresa made a pretty bag using some fabric from the  Black Tie range.





 Teresa also made some progress on her Splendid Sampler blocks.
Maree brought along show n tell - her quilt looks stunning.



Marilyn was also catching up of one of her UFO's - this quilt was meant for her son when he turned 21, I think it is a little late.
Helen was up to some monkey business, but not her usual kind of mischief..  These two gorgeous little devils went home with her... 

Alison was busy during the retreat putting together her quilt..


I got up to some Halloween sewing.  I don't usually do Halloween but this year I thought I would make a couple of things for a "Halloween" display. 
I quilted the table runner with a spider webs. 
There were lots more photos I could keep adding here, the girls were very industrious and produced some amazing things but that would make this post just a little too long..
I am missing a photo of Lynda and what she has made so I will need to track one down..
Some of the girls made a plate bag out of a tea towel.  Here they are showing off their creations.


















I did a little shopping in the patchwork shop..

 That's it for me today, blogger is being a pain and I am just too tired to fight with it..
I'll check it again tomorrow..
 cya
xx

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your fun photos... You girls always have a wonderful time together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seemed to be very productive...lots of lovely stuff happening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the lovely show and tell. Looks like a great time had by all. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete