Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Nor's Place, A Swap and a Finish or two...

Today The Tuesday Girls met at Nor's new place.  I took so many photo's that I had to make a few collages otherwise you would have been here all day reading this..
This is where we were stitching, its outside the 'man-cave',  I think Norreen is telling me to go that way and as you can see we were being protected by the guard dogs...
Here is inside the 'man-cave',  now I think that this would make a fantastic sewing/craft room. All they have to do is get rid of all that (lol) rubbish inside that belongs the Nor's Hubby.  I really don't think he needs this space...do you?  It even has a kitchen area..yep move over Alf, the stitching girls want to move in...lol
We took a wander around Nor's beautiful gardens..
I couldn't help taking some photo's of the flowers around the garden.  The pink with blue tips were amazing.. Don't you just love Mother Nature..
Now I don't know if you can see down the driveway but we actually walked all the way down the end just to check the mailbox.  Around the front of the house is this lovely area, which has a very country vibe to it..
The girls heading back to the shed (Man Cave) which as you can see is some distance from the house.  This works to our advantage because no-one can hear us being silly..
While walking around the yard, we came across Nor's Husband.  He was trying to encourage us to help him do some kind of manual labour...lol your soooo funny Alf, I don't care how many tools you have spare.
Nor has been doing her bit to help Alf, yesterday she picked up some sticks to make mowing easier.. Here we are inspecting her stick pile....lol
Ok - Onto swaps.  Today was the opening day for the 'No Fuss' Kitchen Kaper's Swap.  Here is my parcel ready to be opened along with my cuppa and some chocolate brownies which I made especially for today.
My swap partner was Vickie and wow did she get me right.. I love the colours she chose for me..
I received a gorgeous Tea towel, a very cute spatula, and cheeky 'boy' cookie cutter, a yummy cookie and, of course, a recipe.  The cookie lasted all of 5 minutes but in my defence, I did share it with the girls.   I have been looking for a good scone recipe so am looking forward to giving this recipe a try.
Thanks Vickie, I love my gifts..
Now time for some finishes - I have been working on this wall hanging and have finally finished it..
It's a Hatched and Patched pattern called Peaceful Garden.  I am very happy with it..
Last week, The Tuesday Girls went to the Scrapbooking Expo at Southbank.  This was my first expo of this kind and found it a little daunting.  So many people looking at so many small items..anyhow I was with the girls so it's always a good day when they are around.  We all purchased the same small kit  to mark the occasion and I am the first one to finish it.  I did alter a couple of things but nothing too noticeable from the original photo.  I love these, they are so cute and  don't take up a lot of room.. 
Well I hope you have stuck with me til then end, I realise it was a long post - you can blame Nor for having such a lovely place that I just had to take lots of photo's..   oops sorry Nor..
Catchya all later..
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Nor's new home does look great. Gues Alf and her are on acreage like us...
    I agree that the Man Cave should be turned into a fabulous sewing space . Maybe you could even have a weekend retreat there....
    Lovely Kitchen Kaper Swap gifts..
    Pretty finishes both the wall hanging and cute decorated cotton reels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning my lovely friend,oh Norrs place looks awesome and wow that man cave would be ideal as a sewing cave.
    I love the gifts you have received from Vickie a lovely kitchen kapers parcel and well done with your beautiful finishes,you are so clever my friend,hope you have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee Sandi the photos look great but you take soooooooooooooo many photos....I only take one gee I better start putting more up ...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I got your colours :).. oh seriously that scone recipe is to die for....cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete