Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Easter with The Tuesday Girls

I will start off this post with a photo of some of the Easter decorations I have either made or collected in the past...
The girls are coming over today and being so close to Easter, I thought I should do an Easter theme.
So here is my centre piece..
I made sure I had my Easter Mug Rug out that I received from Marina in our 'No Fuss Swapper's' Mug Rug Swap.. oh and some more Easter Treats, yummy toasted Hot Cross Buns and coffee in my bunny mug...
The Girls bought their Mug Rugs along too, well all of them did bar one.  lol  Teresa forgot to bring hers but we forgive her as she was working until 3am and still manages to get to come along to spend the day with us.  So Teresa's is on my ipad screen...
They look lovely girls, everyone has done a fantastic job with their creations..
Another look at our beautiful Mug Rugs from a different angle..
Some more Easter decorations...
And more decorations...
I did get a little sewing done today. I have been trying to find time to work on my La Passicaglia Quilt.  I need to concentrate heaps when putting this together cause I really don't wish to unpick anything.  I am trying really hard to make my colours 'pop' - something that goes against my instincts.  I find myself wanting to 'blend' my colours which I have to get out of the habit of doing..
This one took my ages auditioning lots of fabrics before I was happy, but its not finished yet.  It still has another several rows/rings to add.  
On the weekend I bought two new rose bushes - they were half the price than I usually pay so I took a chance and bought them.  Unfortunately hubby and myself have not been well lately and we both have no sense of smell.  lol  Anyhow I had the girls check for me today and yep they confirmed my suspicions - there is no lovely smells coming from my new plants.  Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for.  Mental note - only buy roses from Birchgrove Nursery...
Well that's it for me.  I hope you all have a fantastic Easter however you choose to spend your long weekend. 
Cya later.
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your post Sandi... Lovely Easter decorations and the mug rugs look great together. Good idea o put Teresa on your iPad.
    Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Easter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Easter displays with those cute bunnies. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi ,sorry i have been slack ,trying to catch up with things at home.
    Oh i love all your easter things and your displays are so cute,i hope you have a awesome easter with your family and i know those two beautiful GS's will have a magical easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi, some lovely decorations! .....I'm visiting for the first time due to the no fuss swap and needed to contact you ....I couldn't see your email addy so decided a comment would work :)
    Mine is sharmshere@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete