Sunday, 27 March 2016

Easter Parade and Sewing

I spent Friday at my grandsons at their  Easter Parade held by their kindy.  So much fun, the kids had a ball showing off their headwear.  Hudson showed me around his kindy room, where the dinosaur books are and the dinosaur toys etc.  Yep that's right, he is going through a dinosaur stage.
He is my beautiful daughter and my gorgeous grandson.  Brayden is wearing his Easter headwear which I might add, he won a prize in his age group. (chuffed nana here)...  
 
 
It was very hard to get a photo of him cause they were playing music and he kept bopping up and down...very cute but very frustrating to take a photo of..lol
Hudson was enjoying his plate of goodies while Brayden was chewing on his cucumber.
Hudson joining in the parade with his class..
Much too serious but he was excited telling me how this was his very first Easter Parade..
Now I know I mentioned this when Narelle called in couple of weeks ago, but she was lovely and very generously gave us her new pattern - The Little Hexie Bag.  Well I decided that over Easter I was going to make it.  Here it is in fabrics found in my stash.  I loved making this, and I do plan on making another one.  Thank you Narelle, i had so much fun making this bag with its cute little hexies..oh and there are little pockets inside too...
Random photo - but hubby and I went to the Gold Coast on Friday.  Our favourite spot is Nobby's Beach at Miami.    It always feels great to feel the sand between my toes and the refreshing feeling of the surf when having a dip.  Lately we have been able to get to the beach at least once a week, more would be wonderful, but once a week will just have to do for now...
It has been great having the Easter long weekend to catch up on some projects that have been on the back burner. 
I found these 'chalk board' prints in my stash and thought now was the time to use them. Firstly I made a new cushion cover, then came a mini quilt, and with the last prints, 5 x placemats..
Here is a closer look at the cushion.
The back of the cushion.
Close look at the mini.. I added 3 little cupcake buttons on the bottom rights of the mini..
And now - the place mats...
Another view of  4 of the placemats..
Then I made another cushion cover using some 'chooky' fabric I found in my stash. 
Back of the cushion..
Now I have two pretty new cushions on my old lounge..  mmm I like the look, might make some for my lounge room..
Well that's it for me, wonder what I will get up to tomorrow.
I hope you all have had a fabulous Easter... hugs...
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Nice to met your DD and GC..How cute are the little ones with their Easter Headwear...
    Love the cushions ,mini and place mats. The hexie bag looks like a great one to take to stitching.
    Sew nice for you to get to the beach.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,wow you have been busy i love your new projects and Rells bag looks so cute.
    Oh my your little men are adorable,how quick they are growing up,i love Braydens easter hat so very cute.
    how nice that you live so close to the beach,happy easter my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your new cushions! cute little bag. The boys both looked great in their Easter hats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy little beaver you are...and such cute boys...love the placemats & cushions

    ReplyDelete