Thursday, 4 February 2016

What Do You Mean It's February???

I have so much to catch up on so I have tried to condense January for you...but it was a very busy month as you will see...
Wayne and I made a shopping trip to Harbour Town at the Gold Coast, and we decided to start with brekky. One the way home we dropped into The Fox & Hound where I introduced him to one of The Tuesday Girls favourite drink - The Foxy Lady...  We bought two meals (no desserts today - shock - horror) and shared them.. Our meals were delicious and the Foxy Ladies went down like a treat..
Some stitching to show - Three of the Sunday Stitcher's (me included) are doing the Natalie Bird - Bluebell Lane Quilt with one block to be completed each month.  Here is my first block for the year.
My mother-in-law celebrated a birthday this month so I made her a pop-up gift card holder.. (first paper craft for the year)..  When you remove the band/belt and open the card up the giftcard stands to attention...  I had so much fun making this - I just love paper craft.  The dessert you can see was not bought at a café as one might think but was made and presented to us by Fran (Wayne's sister)..  I might have to see if she will give me the recipe for this as it was delicious...
I have finally finished my Rosalie Quinlan Christmas Bunting with heaps of time before Christmas..lol  This was so easy to put together that I am actually thinking of doing another one - but there is a lot of stitching in it though...
I have also finished a Table Topper from Lynette Anderson's Book - Stitch It For Autumn.  I did change the colours to something a little brighter and I turned my chooks around - I thought they should be this way round..
I think this was the first Tuesday Girls get together for 2016...  Helen is working on a technical issue for Norreen ( Helen is soooo patient) and the gifts you can see were a surprise from a special friend from North Queensland - Narelle..  Thanks Rell it was such a surprise and they are gorgeous..
A week end to spare and Wayne, Amelia and myself decide to head to Byron Bay.  Amelia and I wanted to do some shopping and hubby wanted to meet up with his sister and brother-in-law to play golf.   This worked out perfectly.  We booked a room in town so Amelia and I could walk to the shops (and back with our parcels).  We all went to the beach for a swim - oh dear - I could live this life - I would love living close to the beach but alas it might not happen in my life time so I will just have to enjoy it when I can...   We went out for dinner but the meals were so big that I could only eat my fish and even that was an effort.  So again I have to confess to not having dessert..
The Big Prawn is from Balina  - very close to Byron Bay..   Now I will confess that I could not find one fabric or paper craft shop in Byron and I did try really hard...
I have been inspired by a friends sewing room (Maree's), she has a bunting hanging up and it looks gorgeous so I decided to make one for myself.  I had so much fun making it that I ended up making one with some spare doilies that I had stashed away.  Darling daughter loved this so much that I had to make a doily one for her room as well.  Then I got the idea to make a tiny one using the little doilies.  The one I put on my fabric shelves..   Mental note - nearly out of doilies with have to get some more..
Here is the tiny one..
While looking after my grandson, he decided to check out Nannies antique mincer.   OMG - he put his shirt into it to see what would happen.  Oh dear, now it looks like a dinosaur has attacked him.   Mental note - must shift mincer..   Thank heavens it was only his shirt..
Now we had two birthdays in January - Our youngest son turned 21 and our eldest daughter turned (sorry Elle) 27.   They decided to combine there birthdays (they are one day apart) and go to breakfast at the QT down the Gold Coast.   Yummo - I wish my tummy was bigger.. my eyes thought it was..
It is so hard to get a good photo of my lot - especially Jaxon, who is always pulling a face and when you do get one it is a little or a lot blurry. (damn kids)
Yes Wayne plays up too infront of a camera...(damn hubby)..
It was a very overcast day so my photos are a little dull, but here is a couple of all of us together..
The birthday kids - Jaxon and Ellesha..
Jaxon and his girlfriend, Michaela.   She was trying to get him to behave for the camera..
Oh well...
Wayne (aka poppy) and Hudson sharing a moment or two together...
Amelia not enjoying the early rise for the day and I have to admit, she did let the side down.  Typical teenager who does not like eating breakfast and all I could encourage her to eat was fruit loops (mainly cause I don't buy this kind of cereal)... very expensive fruit loops...  (damn kids)..lol
Sunday Stitcher's had their first meeting back for the year.  Norreen is trying to attack me with a knife - I think she wanted all the yummy foods to herself..lol  
De is showing us her wall hanging.  The three girls (Me, Susan and Inca) doing the Natalie Bird quilt are showing off January's block 1.   Don't they look good.. this is going to be so much fun..
And last but not least - Marilyn showing us a quilt she had finished too..
Well that's it for me - time for a coffee.   I am really sorry it was such a long post, I will try to do it more often but in my defence - January did just disappear...
Hugs..
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Phew I need a nap now but it was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew I need a nap now but it was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew do I Helen but I loved reading your fabulous long post Sandi...Nice to meet your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun tale or two - it was busy - I suspect February is probably just as busy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SAndi I really enjoyed your post so much happening and I love the pics of your gorgeous family and your block is gorgeous,thankyou for sharing your lovely pics with us my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful month! So many wonderful things to share. I especially like the Christmas bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, love all the photos! Love your first block-so love the black or is it navy in it?? The blue bunting with the stitchery is gorgeous!! Is all that gorgeous fabric yours on those shelves with the bunting?? Would love that stash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi this is a fabulous blog post. So full of such wonderful events.What a great idea making bunting with the doiles, it looks great and I love the chooky table topper. I love Natalie Bird patterns and have decided to do her BOM in Homespun this year. I love the look of the one you are doing. Your stitching friends are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a very busy January for you Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have started Natalie`s `Bluebird Lane` quilt,it`s so lovely. Have you seen she has a BOM `Foxley Village` in Homespun magazine #162 this year. Your bunting in blue is delightful. I have yet to put my red one together! I too love Lynette`s books and patterns and love how your table topper looks. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete