Thursday, 18 February 2016

Glenrose Retreat

I have just come back from another fantastic retreat with the girls.  Lots of great scenery, heaps of laughing, yummy foods and a little bit of sewing.
There is always something pretty to take a photo of when visiting here.  The cottages are delightful, the patchwork shop so inviting and the gardens a just beautiful.
I did mention yummy foods.  Here are a few of the tasty morsels I had the opportunity to sample..
The girls are happily stitching away here..  Jenny, Teresa (ok she is not stitching), Helen ( not happy Jan moment), and De.
Some of De's cheeky monkeys, Jenny's gorgeous slippers, and 9 Splendid Sampler Blocks.  We all made block 1 together (oh ok I did make two) and then put them together on the design wall.  Don't they look fabulous together?
Helen's Asian Quilt, Noela's table runner, De's camper trailer quilt and Jenny's bags.. The girls were very busy and I don't know how they did it because we went out a lot more than usual and they still managed to sew heaps..
These are my two Splendid Sampler blocks and two very industrious stitchers - Susan and Norreen.
I managed to finish two 'chilly penguin' wall hangings, a little cake purse, two mug bags and a little other sewing that I just can not mention yet, maybe later..
Is this not a lovely photo of Noela, hello gorgeous girl...
Oh nearly forgot, I also made this little bag..
 


Helen's beautiful masterpiece - all in 30's fabrics.

 The famous 'Paris Quilt' - Teresa has completed a bit more - it is looking fantastic - keep up the good work...


















Norreen's multi-zipper bag...lovely peacock print on the front..
Susan's beautiful window quilt.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It has been a great week and I have loved every moment.  Thanks girls for a great weekend..
cya
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Lots of gorgeous projects completed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of great projects in the works there, and finished ones too! that food looks so yummy, looks like a beautiful place to stay, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a fabulous time....thanks again for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you all had a wonderful time and made lots of gorgeous things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SAndi,wow I love all the beautiful show and tell,you girls worked hard,thankyou for sharing your lovely time together xx

    ReplyDelete