Tuesday, 5 January 2016

SSCS

Yay, look what the postie has brought me, Pressies..  My pressie was a little late this time round, I think it came the long way round from USA to find me.  lol  I was part of Chooky's Secret Santa Christmas Swap again this year last year and this is what I received in the swap..
My secret swap partner turned out to be Wendy from http://stitchduchessscrazysanequiltingworld.blogspot.com.au/.
Just look at my gorgeous table runner, the first thing I did when seeing this was go and check to see if it would fit in a particular place for next Christmas, and it does.  Woohoo - but I'm not going to show you until Christmas, you don't need to know that...hehehe. 
The centre, and either side of the centre, of the runner has this beautiful pattern quilted into it..  I wish I could get a nicer photo to show you..
This photo shows the red better and a close look at my cute snowman ornie.  This is going to look great on my tree, I am sooooooo looking forward to using it next Christmas...
Thank you Wendy, it was worth the wait, I love what you have made me..xxx
Now for some sewing stuff - every now and then I do clean out my UFO box and decide what to do with bits and pieces.  This year has been no exception.  I have had this quilt sitting in there for years now, with no intentions of quilting it.  The top was finished but that is as far as I had gone.  It either belonged in the - so over the colour, or board with it, or nowhere to put it, or just plain didn't want to finish it - list.  So I decided to pull it apart.  Some of the blocks I kept and some were thrown in the bin.  So here are my 5 new block keepers/holders.  
A closer look at one of them.. There is a stitchery on the back as well and a pocket on the inside.
You know I can't even remember what this quilt was called but I'm sure some of you will know it and I am please that I have turned something that I didn't need into something that I can use..
I also found this table topper in the UFO box so I finished it and found a place for it..

Oh and while I was taking a photo of the table topper, I mentioned in an earlier post that I would take a good photo of a Christmas pressie that I received from Helen.  Well here it is,  my gorgeous vintage books tied up with ribbon on display.  I think they look rather handsome here.
I'm going to add this photo to the end of this post.  It's of my beautiful hubby when we went out for brekky the other morning.  He ordered a coffee and this is what came out...lol  It's huge, and it took him ages to drink it...lol  We did joke that he was cutting down to one a day...
That's it for me...catchya all later.  Oh and I hope you all have a fantastic new year.. 
xxx

10 comments:

  1. I love what you have done with your UFO, and the table topper you finished looks beautiful! The vintage books look perfect there!
    Happy new year!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have make block books with blocks from a unwanted quilt. Lovely give also received. Enjoy.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SAndi ,wow I love the block keepers ,what a great idea and love your new table topper as well,such beautiful work you do.
    What wonderful gifts you have received in Chookys swap,they are both so lovely .
    Lol had to laugh at the size of Wayne's coffee cup,I hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely worth the wait. Love your ufo upcycling...gorgeous! I hope hubbys coffee came with a diving board lol!Happy 2016 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely worth the wait. Love your ufo upcycling...gorgeous! I hope hubbys coffee came with a diving board lol!Happy 2016 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovery Block Keepers you have been Busy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Block Keepers You have been Busy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you used up the blocks... great block keepers
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you liked the runner...and those block keepers are wonderful...Hope you have a wonderful 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the block keepers - ever so much more useful than in the UFO box.

    ReplyDelete