Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Tasmania Day 8

Today saw me heading off with The Tuesday Girls on a road trip to Sarah's shop - Patchworks Plus.
On our arrival to George Town we naturally decided that it was 'cake n coffee' time before anything else.   We found this lovely café (now I don't remember the name) but it was in a kinda settlement museum.  There were lovely little white wash homes surrounded by white picket fences and one of the homes had been turned into a café.  Later on we found out that Sarah's grandmother had grown up in that very same house...Here are the girls about ready to dig in...
Helen showed us an area where there had been large tree cut down and the locals had complained about it, so someone had carved statues into the remaining tree stumps..  Very impressive but my photos do not do it justice.. 
 Not a very good shot but this is a whale and her calf was with her..
We then headed to Sarah's beautiful shop.   So many gorgeous things and yes I did buy some more, much needed, fabric...
Sarah gave us all a welcoming gift, thank you Sarah, you are so thoughtful. Here is mine unopened..very pretty..
And opened.. Beautiful fabric labels (a girl can never have too many of these), a lovely little jigsaw (very similar to the buildings we had coffee at), a magnetic calender for 2016 and a washing satchet.  Thanks again Sarah...
Now even though I bought some fabric the other day from Sarah, I still managed to find some more that I just absolutely needed to have and a couple of patterns ..lol
The boys, while I was with the girls, went to Barnbougle Golf course and The Lost Farm Golf course.
They played 32 holes of golf in one day...I did mention that golfers were insane didn't I?
After our visit with Sarah, we headed to The Cherry Shed for lunch. I didn't take any photo's here, so just hold on a minute while I hunt through the girls photos to see if I can steal one or two.. go make a cuppa while you wait...     Still looking...
Ok here is one of all the Friends In Stitching girls... waiting very patiently for our lunch..

Their Ice-creams are to die for....Cherry and Raspberry flavour, and although I didn't get a photo of my meal, it was delicious too...I would recommend this place to anyone...
After lunch we headed into Latrobe to look around.  Teresa had mentioned an interesting shop that we should check out...It was called Reliquaire.  It was an amazing shop but I don't think words could ever fully describe the inside.  We were given a sample piece of fudge as soon as we stepped inside and a map of all the rooms, and there were lots of rooms (I am not sure how many but maybe at least 20).  I will just put up a couple of pics and you can see for yourself.   I could have bought heaps but again - luggage weight needed to be considered...
 Beautiful old building and I do love old buildings...this is the entrance...
 Each room was full to the brim with all sorts of interesting items...
 You could purchase anything from dolls to furniture to brass hardware...  There were rooms devoted to - what I would call - Halloween (scary dolls and stuff) and other rooms with sections for fans of movies like Game of Thrones...but really I just can not describe this place to anyone..Thanks Teresa, I will never forget this place and I'm glad I did get to see it..
 
 Now off to our accommodation at Port Sorell - Camp Banksia.. again very tired but thoroughly enjoying myself..
Ok that's all I will say about today...
cheers.
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like you all had an amazing time and good that the boys had fun too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The café where my Grandmother grew up in is in Low Head, and that particular place is the Pilot Station. My Nan had so many fond memories there, and when she was here, sometimes we would go there for coffee or lunch which she really enjoyed!
    Reliquarie is such a wild and fun place. Some people cant stand it as its too cluttered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally loved my virtual trip to Tassie.........looks like you had an amazing family/bloggy time...............

    ReplyDelete