Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Tasmania Day 4

Today we left Port Arthur and headed to Coles Bay - the next stop on our trip.  On the way we came across Spikey Bridge... Another amazing man made structure from years gone by...
This bridge although not used for regular traffic anymore is still able to be driven on... Or climbed on if
you are my daughter..(and yes there is a big drop behind her)...
After checking into our accommodation at Coles Bay, we headed to the bay.  Boy was it windy and cold.  We didn't realise how windy it was until we tried to get out of the car - my door tried to take off on its own...my coat wouldn't stay on and talk about having a bad hair day... Lol
Here is a photo across the bay.
We then headed into Bicheno where we played at the beach - mainly checking out the Blow Hole.
Excuse the French - but bloody freezing - my fingers got so cold that I had trouble chatting to some friends on Facebook.  They just so happen to choose the moment we arrived at the beach to have a 
Conversation.  I almost didn't get out of the car (I knew it would be cold) but one of them called me a whimp - no names of course ( hey Cathy?).  
Wayne and Amy climbing on the rocks.. By the way, if you see Orange on the rocks, it's not paint, it's lichen... 
Still being silly...
Now it was time for our penguin tour...
They are too cute, wouldn't they make great pets, except I think they might bite, there beaks are pretty sharp.
That's it for day 4, another exhausting day...
Cheers xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi SAndi oh I felt cold just reading your post.looks like you are having an amazing trip and seeing some wonderful things,those penguins are so cute xx

    ReplyDelete