Monday, 19 October 2015

12 Days of Christmas - Art To Heart

I have had this book for ages (more like years) and have always wanted to make the mini quilts for the stand that I have had hidden away.  So last week I  got to it...I have been spurred on by those nasty little sayings on Facebook...you all know the ones....10 Fridays til Christmas ....79 days til Christmas...blah blah blah
I was determined that this year I WOULD make this project and TA DA - I did it..
It took me ages to choose the colour, the ones in the book are traditional red and greens but I wanted my stand to sit in a room I decorate in whites and blues...
I did cheat a bit, I started to blanket stitch but I didn't like the look and after unpicking it, I tried the raw edge method.  I am happy with how it has turned out...

That's it today, short and sweet (like me...lol)..
In a hurry today..
cya
xx

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi,wow this looks fantastic and i love the colours you have made it in,a beautiful finish my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your motivation. I have those, as a BOM and the book and the fabrics and.....I can hear you ask? That's as far as I have progressed...so sad....I am sure they will wait for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Sandi.....well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its lovely! I too have the stand and the book....still unmade here! Shamed lol! I love the fabrics you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done! love the colours...might make some of us get a wriggle on with our own Christmas decorating, not here, got too many other things that need to be finished for Christmas or before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous project...love the colours you have chosen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish Sandi, well worth the wait :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fantastic in those colours !!!
    It's on my TO DO list as well... Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mini quilts on the stand look wonderful, Sandi. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - glad I don't have one of those stands - I don't "have " to make it!! Nancy Halvorsen does great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! I love it.

    ReplyDelete