Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Glenrose Retreat

I have been pretty slack about doing my post for our last retreat, mainly because it is school holidays at the moment and I have been busy since returning.
Anyhow - enough excuses...here is a quick rundown with lots of photos (some generously supplied by Teresa - thanks Cass..).
Here we are - Cheryl, De, Alison, Lynda, Maree, Teresa, Myself and Marilyn, oh and of course if you look carefully, Helen....
Upon our arrival we had a delicious morning tea supplied by Glenrose...
One of our regular girls were unable to make it this time round so Maree thought she would do something about it...meet Helen 2....lol
And what should one do with a Helen 2...anything we want....
We made sure she had her shower time, and she, very willingly, modelled Maree's scarf, we also made sure she got heaps of rest too...
 
We took very good care of Helen 2...  Made sure she had company when she went to bed, took her shopping, had a stroll in the garden and even let the local tabby say hello...  we actually I think the tabby wanted to see if she was as tasty as she looks...
The lovely Teresa gave me this gorgeous egg cup as a thank you for being the driver for our getaway...
I also bought some scented soaps...I have some favourites that I just can't resist the smell of - Lemon Myrtle and Rose, but this time instead of rose I bought Toasted Marshmallow, but only because all I could smell was musk stick lollies...(and no calories too)...
Cheryl's hubby made us these beautiful thread holders with a handy little magnet for storing ones needles.. thank you Mr Cheryl...
The owner of Glenrose always spoils us with yummy treats and some very cute fabrics...
De surprised us with a 'lucky dip', I won some cute pencils and biros (darling daughter has already stole them) and here is the fabric I received from Glenys's welcome gift..
While at retreat, Glenys showed me this handy ruler, so impressed I was that I just had to have one and here is a sample of what it does...
Now I did do a little shopping...some pretty fabrics..
Some more fabrics..
And some more fabrics, oh no wait, I didn't buy these...  Maree had a cleanout of her stash and we all greatly benefited from it...these ones are going to be rehoused at my house...  thanks Maree...
I decided to work on my Farm Girl Vintage blocks...I'm doing the small ones..
These are the ones I was able to finish in amongst all the eating and laughing and entertaining
 Helen 2.
I now have all the blocks completed except for the corner ones which I want to colour match them when I have them all set out...
Here they are all together but in no particular order.
I will leave my blocks like this for a while because I want to get stuck into some Christmas secret squirrel stuff. 
Alright that's it for me...I had a ball at retreat, the ladies are lovely and my roomy was great (she didn't complain once about my snoring)...bonus....
cya
xxx

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely post Sandi,it sounds like heaven ,,love all your new purchases and love all your blocks,you did well,thankyou for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I am amazed as to how many blocks you have finished already - they look great.
    I love Lemon Myrtle too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you did get very busy with your Farm Girl blocks..........glad you had a great time with the girls............

    ReplyDelete