Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Time Has Flown

Just a quick catch up with the past couple of weeks...
First, beautiful darling daughter, Amelia won player of the match for their finals, she (and her father) were so excited.. well done sweetheart...
This is a photo of The Tuesday Girls last week...you see - Norreen has presented a problem with something she is working on and the other two  are discussing the solution..Me, well I just sit back and watch - you know - too many cooks and all....lol
This is what I was working on for the day...I have had these little printed pieces of fabric for a while and could not quite decide on what to do with them..  Then I had the great idea of turning them into needlecases...   oh and see the lovely Bee Wax - Teresa gave us each one of them...very handy and so pretty to just look at...
Then a couple of days later my machine broke...hubby decided that he would look at it...OMG I just can't watch..What on earth is he doing????
It's as naked as a babys bottom...and ugly...still can not look...
Ta Da - all fixed, I knew he could do it, never doubted it for a moment...
Helen, Nor and myself went to the Cleveland Quilt show the weekend before last and you wouldn't believe who we ran into...some of the girls from Sunday Stitcher's...
Here we have Susan chatting to Helen and Nor.
I saw some beautiful quilts...this one was one of my favourites...
Oh and this one too...
We also bumped into the lovely Joy Coey working at the show, Hello Joy....
Afterwards we decided to go for lunch - of course....from left to right - we have Susan, Inca, Maureen, Cheryl, Helen and Nor...  Lovely bunch of ladies and a fantastic day - lots of laughs, yummy food and friends...just perfect..oh and shopping.
Maci making herself at home in a small basket on my sewing draws....
I have started sewing Rosalie Quinlins - Christmas Bunting, hopefully I will have this done before Christmas..   I have chosen blue instead of the red, hope it looks ok when it's finished...
Here are my needlecases, all 10 of them, finally finished....now which ones do I want to keep and which ones to put into the gift box...
Oh - busy couple of weeks.  I have also made a couple of little mason jar pin cushions...
On Saturday, Sewer's Delight was having a sale, so naturally one must check these things out.  Helen was kind enough to be the driver for the day...Thank you Helen....
While there we bumped into Susan (I think she is stalking us) and of course, after some serious shopping, went for coffee...well I did not get any photos of Susan, the shopping, Helen or anything else but this.   We all ordered one of these - I think it was called The Rocky Road something...
Very nice - been there - done that - don't need to do it again.  (I need to go back on my diet)....
Anyhow it was another great day - again filled with laughter, shopping, friends and food - isn't life just great...
Well that's all.   The Tuesday Girls are here today, so I am guessing I will have more photo's to catch up with very soon and next week I am going on retreat for four days...oh dear - how will I manage???
Hehehehe..
cya
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Lots happening there, Sandi. Your needle cases are lovely. I love your pin cushion jars too. I've got one of those jars somewhere in my sewing room. I really must make it up. I think I've probably had it about 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sandi you sure have been busy,your naked machine reminded me of the machines in the terminator,lol. How funny you keep running into Susan,love those needle books ,enjoy today with the girls SAndi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops forgot well done to Amelia,love the trophy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Amelia. Thanks for sharing your lovely needle cases. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...would you believe its all a coincidence?? no???
    What would life be without Quilt Shows, Sales & Coffee & Friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done to your daughter... you have been having lots of fun and games there... I love those gorgeous needlecases.. so pretty.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete