Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Sunday Stitcher's Biggest Morning Tea and Some Finished UFO's.

Sunday Stitcher's hosted a Biggest Morning Tea last week but while writing this I am thinking that we don't really need an excuse to eat naughty food but this cause is definitely a good reason.
My eyes are always bigger than my belly and I did go home rather full.  We were spoilt for choice when it came to the sweets...Here is a small example of just some of the items on offer...and yes they were all delicious...(unfortunately for my non-existant waiste-line, did I mention I need to 'walk' around Australia)...
Thank you Teresa - I have stolen a couple of your photos...
The birthday girls for the day...The lovely Maree and the delightful Maria..if they are looking excited its because they are just about to tear the wrappings off their pressies...Happy Birthday Girls.
 Once again I have been finishing some UFO's found in the corner of my sewing room.  These were all started at some time but then left neglected due to some other 'more' shinier project that came into my sights those days...
 Here is Hatched and Patched - Mend It Kit...
The insides...
Two The Birdhouse Patchwork Designs - Chilly Penguins..   I have completed the stitcheries to be transformed into something else later on, just not sure what yet..
One is on cream fabric and the other white..
A Canning Town Patchwork pattern - Roses Are Red Tablerunner..
Well actually this was a kit I bought several years ago and while I was making it, I realised that by adding a small amount of fabric to the kit, and I mean small, I was able to get two runners out of the fabrics...  The roses are made with wool felt and velvet.
I have put one of them on my wall unit.  The photo does not do it justice as there are several layers of colours to the roses..
I have also finished a Studio Mio purse, bought last year as a kit at the Stitcher's and Craft Show..
I decided I wanted it without the handles (so will save them for something else)...
Well that's it for me.  I think that I am totally up to date now with my blogging.  
Now to see what else is hidden  in my sewing room, lonely and neglected and in need of finishing.  
Cya
xx





2 comments:

  1. Oooo, that food looks so yummy. Really lovely stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy ,love your work,can't wait to see how you finish off the penguin stitchery,love your table toppers ,very cute.xx

    ReplyDelete