Friday, 26 June 2015

A New Bag and Farm Girl Vintage

Today I have been playing with lots of pretty laces and doilies... I wanted to make a bag that left my hands free when out with the grandkids or when scavenging round markets/shop etc, so I hopped onto Pinterest last night for inspiration...   Hours later and hundreds of ideas later, I decided that my my bag will be very 'Lacey' and very girlie...mind you I am pretty sure that this will be the first of many.  I had so much fun today, I should have been getting ready for retreat on Monday, oh well, at least I have a new bag to take..
I pulled out bits of laces and buttons, chose my fabric and then started to play.
The handle is long so it can sit on my shoulder and across my chest to my hip - kinda like the old hessian hippy bags we all had as kids, my daughter calls it a mailbag.
I have two pockets in the front..
Two pockets on the back - one zippered so I can put some money at easy reach.
Inside I have four pockets, two open ones on one side and two (one with a zip) on the other.  I have also added a gold hinged hook on the inside and a gold ring on the front..
Here is a closer look at the hook inside the bag...
I used two laces - one on top of the other - to decorate the strap...the top lace has cute flowers and beads on it...


A close up on the front ring...
 I am very pleased with my new bag, can't wait to make some more...
Oh I did mention Farm Girl Vintage in the heading...here are some more of my blocks..
Well gotta go now, I suppose I should start thinking about retreat, will just have to put the bag ideas on hold for a little bit...
Cya
Xxx

3 comments:

  1. wow and double wow Sandi your new bag is gorgeous,how very clever of you to make one up that suits your needs,enjoy your evening my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning new shabby chic bag. very practical. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is absolutely amazing what a wonderful job you have done.

    ReplyDelete