Friday, 13 March 2015

Let's Get Stitched Retreat

Wow, what a full on retreat..I am still recovering from the over eating, over laughing, and over shoppping...but what fun I have had...
Here are all the girls who came to Let's Get Stitched retreat,  hosted by the lovely ladies sitting in the middle of all of us..Fiona, Vickie, Joy, Dawn, and on each side of these girls were the two guest designers for the day, our very own Teresa (aka Cass) and Michelle...

As part of the retreat we all had to make a name badge for someone else (secret squirrel business), I had to make for Vickie Collier and without me knowing, one of the Tuesday Girls had to make one for me...
My very special, talented friend made mine.  Does it look familiar to anyone?   Yep that's my little Maci Grey.   My badge is just adorable and yes Helen, it did help me get through the weekend without the real thing...and the fact that someone who absolutely HATES cats, made me a CAT makes it all that special.   Thank you..

I think my photos are a bit out of order, oh well, tough...
Saturday night was a group outing to Naked Whiskey Bar.   Our wonderful leaders had booked the function room but upon arrival we were directed to this room (not the original sighted room)..mmm
A bit of a shock for everyone (maybe the name of the bar should have been a dead give-away).  Oh dear, what should one do when faced with this situation...why buy some cocktails and have some fun..lol
Yes I can be silly too.   Here I am posing infront of the naughty pics...

I think Teresa looks like she is trying to chat Rell up, she is kinda - leaning - towards her...lol  (reference here is made with the movie - "While you were sleeping" ).

Nor and Helen were misbehaving as well,  I think they were interested in where they could purchase this type of swim wear...

Helen Parson's was having her photo taken when Rell decided to bomb the photo..I think this room is having an effect on all of us...

Ok here we are with a sunday photo - what lovely smiles you two have....hehehe
I got to meet the beautiful Shez, whom I have known on-line for some time now.  Looks like she knows how to shop, my kinda lady..    I am so glad I got to meet you Shez, you were absolutely delightful and can't wait to meet again..

Here I am with the lovely Vicki.  We could just be shopping here if I had to make a guess...Lovely to meet you too Vicki...I had a fab weekend..

Damn Paparazzi, they are everywhere....do they really think they are fooling everyone...lol


A little stroll through SouthBank,  I wanted to get into the water but they wouldn't let me...but I did get my feet wet...can I stay mum, pleeaassseee...

A photo shoot for our next album cover, maybe?   lol   Having fun with the girls...

We were given 'goodie bags' on Sunday and here is what I found in mine - minus the lollies (hubby found them) and the coffee cup (was in the wash already)..
Lots of great stuff...


I bought this beautiful fabric and hand dyed lace from Teresa, being a designer for the day, she was able to set up a little stall, so I was able to get my hands on some of her lovely items...
Not sure if I want to use the lace, it's just too pretty as it is...
We all did a bus trip on the Friday, and I did my best to help the ecomony..
These fabrics I purchased at Brandy Gully Patchwork and the book was a gift from Nikki, the owner.

Here are some beautiful fabrics from Joy's hangout - Bayside Stitchcraft (boy I hope I am getting the names of these shops right)..
I won a raffle held by the shop while we were there.   I won these two great boxes which came in real handy to store my fabrics in on the day...thanks Bayside..

These farbics were bought from The Quilter's Store... I have been collecting fabrics - out of my normal scope of colours - to use when I get the new Lori Holt Book being released next month.  She uses alot of colours and patterns that I never use, so this makes all my purchases today under the heading of 'Necessities'...

I also did a little shopping on Sunday at the Stitching day...more for my much needed stash...

I could have bombarded you all with more photos but I will cease with the retreat ones.  I had so much to report and so many photos that it was hard to decide which ones to choose and which event to write about, but an end must come to all good things.   I have had a totally fabulous time, met heaps of wonderful people - too many to name - and am feeling really exhausted but would do it again, maybe.....Thanks everyone...was so nice to meet you all..
Back to normality and here we have an honorary guest visiting The Tuesday Girls.   Yes Narelle has come along for a day of sewing with us...and might I say, she fitted right in....thanks for being a great 'Roomie' at retreat and for putting up with us on Tuesday, it was fantastic meeting you, you made me laugh so much, it was great..

I hope you have made it to the end of my post.  I know it was a long one, but needed to get it all done before next week (sorry but next week should be posts about my new grandson - due Wednesday).
Again thanks girls for a wonderful weekend...
My roomies, Helen, Norreen, Teresa and Narelle, you were great to bunk with, although I do need more than four hours sleep, but well worth it..I'd share again with you guys in a heart beat..love you all..
cheers
xxxx








7 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you Sandi... if only for a quick hello.
    Perhaps we can talk more in Tassie... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SAndi it was totally awesome to finally meet you I had so much fun with you all,love that pic of Helen hiding in the bushes,you girls are so funny and it was great to meet your very clever hubby too.Oh I do hope you girls come to Tassie.xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of crazy fun! Who was Helen calling in the bushes Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times. Love your name badge. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I am amazed you girls even got any sleep...............lol..............looks like a wonderful time together..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely to see you again.. of course not enough time in the day... I love your set of fun happy pictures...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete