Friday, 20 February 2015

Warwick Retreat - Part 1

I have just had the most amazing four days with these beautiful girls...
Our first outing was, of course, to Bryson's for coffee and cake..
Left to right ....Helen, Noela, Susan, Norreen, Teresa, Me, Jenny and De...
 My cake/tart for afternoon tea....yum...
 A very distant view of my room for the next few nights...and my bed buddy was the lovely Norreen...Thanks Nor, I love sharing with you...
 Not all sewing and eating, a little playing too...   Teresa can be seen here playing on a trampoline that we came across while walking around the garden...  I did not think I was ever going to get her off...
 We also, while walking around the garden, came across a very muddy patch of ground...so here we are with our feet in the spa washing off the mud...and yes we had to wash our shoes as well...
 What would a stoll around the garden be without a photo of a rose or two...

 These two young ladies stayed up all night and hit the grog...I think they are looking a bit sorry for themselves this morning...
After a while they resumed their 'lady-like' statue and were rewarded with some lovely hair and a beautiful hat...but I have no photos of them behaving so this will just have to do..
Jenny and Helen are the proud parents of these two...
 Another outing...to a Nursery with an attached coffee shop...mmm this meal was absolutely delicious.   I am putting this one a notch above Bryson's....
De and I shared our meal and this was my half....sooo glad we did because.....
 That left room for this....another shared plate (onion rings)....but wait there is more....
 And this.(Blueberry baked cheesecake) ..NOT a shared meal...hehehehe .
 We scrub up alright, if I do say so myself...and if I may add, we can behave ourselves in a proper lady-like manner when the need arises...
 But not for long....lol
After saying goodbye to Glenrose, we felt that maybe one more coffee shop visit would be in order..
I had the Rice, Fig and Spinach tart...
Now you may be asking yourself, wasn't this a Sewing Retreat, and yes you would be right...but I feel the correct title should have been - Sewing/Eating/ Laughing Retreat...
In today's post I have not even mentioned, yet, the fabulous foods that we were fortunate enough to eat during our stay.   Susan made a delicious Sour Cream Cherry Tart, De made her famous Bailey's Trifle,  Noela had made a very tasty Quiche,  Helen made her famous Zucchini Slice...I spend hours making the potato salad and coleslaw, and I know Jenny,Norreen and Teresa spent just as much time in the kitchen as I did...slaving over a hot stove, preparing our yummy treats....lol  Thanks girls for a great retreat, I don't think it could have gone better,  we had heaps of yummy foods, lots of things to laugh about and you may not believe it but we did get some sewing done..in my next post I will show you all what I was sewing and also some of my purchases...
I did learn something new while on retreat,  I love chocolate Bailey's Liqueur....mmm it is soooo bad but tastes sooooo good...
Well that't all for me this morning,  thanks again girls for the 'bestest' time....I hope everyone has recovered from lack of sleep, I know I am feeling more energetic this morning (I am looking forward to fondling my purchases)....
catch you all later..
xxx
  

10 comments:

  1. Hi SAndi love your happy post so good seeing friends have so much fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it all looks wonderful from here.........lots of laughing would be happening with you girls..............travel safe home.........hope Jen is staying south for a day or so.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chookie, I didh't stay south which was the perfect decision. Bundaberg was lucky to have missed out on all the cyclonic winds and rains. I feel for those north of here and also south (Sunshine Coast through to the Gold Coast), hard to believe we are in the middle and missed out.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for my invite to Glenrose Tuesday girls, I had the best time. I made up for my lack of sleep last night. It is a beautiful place for a retreat and having the shop there was fantastic, maybe not so for my bank account. Great post Sandi. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous, fun few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a wonderful few days - thanks again for including me!
    (Glad the rain is happening now and not then!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a wonderful few days - thanks again for including me!
    (Glad the rain is happening now and not then!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Sandi all of that food has just gone straight to my hips, I can feel it! What a great trip it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Sandi all of that food has just gone straight to my hips, I can feel it! What a great trip it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous time I had meeting up with friends and also meeting two newbies in Nola and Susan. The food was fantastic as usual.

    ReplyDelete