Thursday, 5 February 2015

Kids Birthdays, A Lucy Boston and Candy Canes

The Tuesday Girls have been busy sewing our Christmas wreaths and this weeks section to complete were two cute little sparkly candy canes...
This wreath better be worth it because I have had so many 'cranky' thoughts about it...I don't know what it is but the felt irritates my hands and face..  I have never had this happen before and it doesn't seem to cause any other symptoms (so far), so I have been persisting with it...but boy do I feel like chucking the towel in when I am touching it.  No one else in the group has had this problem so it looks like it is only me.   I plan on continuing with our stitch-a-long but each piece has been met with a lot of reluctance... (and whingeing).  I do think it looks good though..
We shall see in the future whether I keep it up or not...mmmm  something to think about..
I have also finished my second Lucy Boston block...I am having a lot of fun with these and love playing with the 'fussy cutting' to get the desired look.  I am not sure yet what I intend to do with them when I have a collection of them, but I am sure something will fall into place.  
We have had two birthdays in our house in January...I have been slack at putting up a post about it, so now that January has disappeared and February has shown itself, I feel I had better pull my finger out and do something about it..
Here are the birthday kids...Jaxon, my youngest son, now 20 and Elle, my eldest daughter, now 26..
They almost share a birthday - one is on the 30th and the other the 31st...
 We all met up for breakfast at The Glen Hotel.  It is always good when we can get all the kids together in one spot, something that takes alot of planning.  They grow up way to fast, and are so busy making their own way in the world, I am so proud of them all...
Here is the youngest daughter, Amelia and my grandson, Hudson..
 We had a special visitor come and pay a visit during our breakfast.  No doubt he was looking for scraps and by the size of him, I think he only eats the bacon..
 To get my lot to pose for a photo, and to behave long enough to take a nice photo is almost impossible.
Oh and hubby doesn't help either, he kept tickling Hudson.
From left to right...Hubby holding grandson, Keelan (eldest son), Jaxon, James, Mike (Elle's hubby),
and the girls in front - Amelia, Michaela (Jaxon's girlfriend) and Elle.
 Stop ticking Hudson....
 I had to get a photo too...but as you can see, the kids were starting to get restless and Jaxon was caught pulling a face...
                              
Well that's, as they say, all folks...I have been doing some secret sewing lately so hopefully I will have some finished projects I can show you all real soon...
Cheers
xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi SAndi what a lovely family you have and you are right they grow up too fast.love your LB block it very cute and I love your candy canes,how strange the felt does that to you there must be something in it that causes your reaction,you wouldn't know what's in stuff now a days,hope you have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi, you have an extremely handsome family. A totally typical one where photos are concerned, lol. Your candy canes are gorgeous but what a pain that the felt annoys your hands. What about trying applying a barrier hand cream before you use it or wear fine disposable gloves. Hope it settles. When your wreath is finished, spray it with hairspray that will stop any floaties from the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the wreath will so so lovely and I don't think you will get away with not finishing it!!
    Lovely photo of the family - even if some people like to play games...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely family pics xx The wreath will be lovely...keep going xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your lovely family

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely seeing all the family together....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see your still persevering with the felt, not many more to go. Nice to see all the family together, I bet Hudson is spoilt by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good family times! love your LB block

    ReplyDelete