Friday, 19 December 2014

Santa Sack Swap









 I have been involved in an on-line 'Santa Sack Swap' hosted by the lovely Cheryll of Gone' Stitchin..
Opening day finally came round and I could open my gifts...
Melody of - House on the side of the  Hill - was my swap partner and we each had to make something for each other...
I can tell you that Melody has spoilt me rotten....we had a choice of choosing a stocking, sack or bag to be made by the other person.   Both of us chose sacks.   I was so excited having Melody as my partner as I do stalk her blog often, so I felt that I already knew her personally. Bonus..
Here is the beautiful sack she made using gorgeous Anni Downs fabrics.  It may not look it in the photo but it is huge and it was full of pressies..
One of the pressies was the sweet little reindeer, he is perfect and puts a smile on my face every time I look at him...
I unwrapped this beautiful wall hanging next....another wowsa...I love it Melody.

I have taken a few photos of my pressies because I just could not fit them all in one or two shots..
Here is a photo of a beautifully stitched and embellished apron, snowman ice-cube tray and two tea towels.   The tea towel on the top is too pretty to use (especially with my kids around), so I am going to save it for Christmas day (for display purposes only)...that way I can put it out every year...





But wait - there's more....a pretty tin full of buttons, some much needed pins, a gorgeous little pillow (too good to stick pins in), and two Christmas ornaments with wooden 'buttons' on them...
I did say that she had done a fabulous job of my present and I wasn't joking...


But wait - there's more....now this one blew me away....I have always wanted to get my hands on a Michelle Palmer drawing, and had planned on adding it to my 'want list' for 2015.  I don't know how Melody knew that but she gave me one of her sketches...
Melody has attached it to a peace of board and then added a little wooden easel to show it off...
Words cannot describe how special I feel at receiving this gift, I will treasure it forever Melody,
thank you heaps and heaps....

Well that's it for me, I am going now to hang my ornies, place my sack under the tree (for others to admire), hang my wall hanging up, clear my bedside table (this could take some time) so I can place my Michelle Palmer front row centre...and then to hide my tea towels (from the kids)..etc
Thank you again Melody, I will be your swap partner anytime....
Oh I forgot to take a photo of the goodie pressie - chocolates, teas, hot chocolate and cappuccino..
Yep definitely spoilt....
cheers
xxxx

ps...not sure why blogger keeps putting spaces between my writings...it looks ok in draft form but then puts lots of gaps when published...weird...



4 comments:

  1. So glad you like your presents. I loved making them for you. Hope it is OK but I plan to open my parcel on Christmas day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody always puts the most amazing parcels together....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Santa sack of Christmassy spoilings from Mel. How exciting! I know you will enjoy them all x

    ReplyDelete