Sunday, 28 December 2014

Baby Shower

We had a baby shower at our home two days after christmas....you can imagine what it was like at our house on boxing day.   The whole house had to be de-christmasfied before the baby shower...
What an effort, but I will have to give special thanks to my hubby because he helped me from start to
finish....and never complained once....Thanks sweetheart...
Here is a blurry photo of my eldest daughter.   Our second grandchild (or grandson) is due in late
February or early March...  Elle is a one of the rare people that gets Colistasis (I think that is how you spell it) and this usually occurs in the third trimester.   Anyhow because of this, we are not sure when bub is actually due.   Last time the doctors pumped her with steroids for the baby's lungs and injections  to stop her body treating the foetus as an unwanted visitor .. It all went well and therefore three years ago we had our first grandson born.   This will be grandson number two.. He is due to arrive on the 22nd March but because of her condition, he will be taken two or three weeks early, depending on how long mums body will put up with him...
Anyhow, Elle is a fantastic mother and my grandson is just gorgeous (I am bias), but he truly can do no wrong....lol   I am so looking forward to meeting grandson number 2...patience is not something I am very good at..
Back to the Baby Shower...wish I had taken more photos...
 This is a pretty little sign, which Elle made herself, asking for suggested names for the baby.   I did mention that I was going to swap all the names out and put in my favourite ones...
Cute little fox, isn't he...this is the theme for the nursery...
 Food...this is a small sample of what was on offer...  yoghurts with fruit, granola, homemade bikkies, chocolate scones, fruit platters, dips, etc etc etc...(mental note - I had better start walking to sewing days)...   We had drinks in mason jars with pretty straws, juices and of course tea and coffees..
What a lovely day, one I will remember forever....and the food was yummy, of course...
I have informed Elle that she can not have the baby between February 16 to 19 or March 5 to 9 due to quilting retreats...any other day either side will work out just perfect for me...lol  
Alright going now...catchya all in the new year...
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous occasion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are amazing! It all looked gorgeous. Congrats on your soon to be new bubba xx

    ReplyDelete