Friday, 17 October 2014

A Day Out With The Girls (And It's Not Even Tuesday)..

I had a lovely day out with The Tuesday Girls..Firstly heading to Canugra in the hinterlands of Gold Coast...
This is a new little shoe shop that has open there and we just had to pop in for a looksee...
The name of the shop is The Shoe Vault..
Don't you just love the sign, well I hope so cause my hubby made it..Nora is the owner of the shop and she so happens to be one of my hubby's golfing buddies..
 He also made some smaller ones to match...
 Inside the shop.....lots of pink for cancer week...
 Helen and Norreen checking out some shoes...
 Teresa having a chat with Nora....
After making out purchases, we drove up to Mt Tamborine to check out the Scarecrow Festival which started today...
But first we need to replenish the energy levels and what better way to do that would be to stop in at the Birchgrove Nursery.
On arrival we couldn't help but be distracted by the roses...soooo beautiful and the scents were amazing....mental note: tear up the front yard and plant lots of roses...

 Ok now we can go inside...
I think I will have the Chocolate Mousse cake.....yep that has my name written all over it..
Ok now onto the scarecrows....check this one out..I think I have found a friend....Captain Jack Scarecrow...lol
 Another photo of this handsome stranger...
 I can't leave, he's too cute....
 Check this one out....an enormous dragon...can you see his tail coming out of the hedge..
 And over this side you can see his paw coming out of the hedge as well..
The girls and myself were very close to this lovely dragon, chatting away among ourselves when the dragon roared as us...there was a man hiding inside the dragon, he must have been listening to everything we were saying...I hope we didn't say anything naughty...it was so funny..
 The girls having some fun...Teresa...
 Helen....
 And Norreen...
 The local school's theme was Gulliver's Travels....this piece was huge and was surrounded by lots of little people...
 Who could resist stopping here to pat the Haydoodle dog....it doesn't look it but it was quite large too..
 Some scarecrow kids....
Ok enough of the scarecrows and off we head, down the mountain and out to the bay...
This lovely shop is called Linen & Lace, at Cleveland.   So many pretty things can be found here..
 The girls smell some soaps that were outside the shop..
 The inside was filled with beautiful items, some were handmade and some commercially bought, but all were gorgeous..
 After our long day out we headed home where I just needed to put my feet up for a while...
Later on, I was telling hubby about our adventures of the day and I was showing him photos of the beautiful roses I had seen on the mountain, when my son's girlfriend walked in with these gorgeous roses from her garden - just for me...I couldn't believe it, here I was with photos of roses on my computer and here she was with roses in her hand...talk about a good end to a fantastic day...
 They smell much better than the photo's...
Yes, I can see it now...a total reno for the front yard....and lots of roses of all different colours...
Such a purrfect end to a purrfect day...cheers...xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi wow you all had a great day ,love the shops you have been to,Thankyou for sharing your day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of great shops. They look like a must see. thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls always have the best time. Hubby's sign is great! Love Linen and Lace! Marilyn will be so thrilled you liked her shop. How spoilt were you with those beautiful roses x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure do cover some miles ...love that deep burgundy coloured rose from the nursery - looks like velvet doesn't it?? Cant beat roses...they are just gorgeous...good luck with the garden reno!!

    ReplyDelete