Monday, 15 September 2014

Stitchers Dream Day Out

Yesterday, The Tuesday Girls went to the Stitchers Dream Day Out, hosted by the lovely Quilters Angel in Highfields..
Our two designers for the day were the very talented Libby Richardson and Debbie McGee....
I thought I was going to struggle a bit today, my mojo has run away, again...it has been missing for about a month now, so much so, that last time the Tuesday Girls got together, I sat and cut out circles from cardboard just so I didn't have to stitch...don't ask what the circles are for cause I have no idea, just seemed like a better thing to do than stitch...Anyhow.....
Pressies on arrival....
 What was inside out goodie bags....
 We were all sitting together at table number 1....say "hi" Teresa...
I think we were up front because they had heard of out reputation for being the naughty ones....
Here are some of the projects the designers had us playing with today....
A cute teddy cushion....we all did a painting class with Libby, but I will show you my effort later..
 An embroidered teddy cameo on the front of a journal....
 A memory board...I have already stitched two of the stitchery words for this....you never know, I might get round to finishing it.....but then again.....
 A lovely little lap pillow, for when you are sewing while watching TV, the top flap lifts up to reveal a sewing essentials keepsake area....and you can rest on the pillow to bring your stitching up a little higher...think I will add this to my....yeah if I get round to it - List....
 Here is inside the pillow....cute isn't it...
A butterfly needlecase being held by our lovely Norreen......
 Here is my painting of the teddy bear pieces, all ready to be cut out and appliqued onto something, yeah I know....just add it to the list....
 Helen practicing her painting....she didn't want to smile for me, so I had to threaten to come over there and tickle her....
For those of you who follow me on facebook, and don't worry if you don't cause it is totally boring, I don't use facebook very much, I had a little tanty the other day...you see, I have been looking forward to fathers day ending so all the stores would fill their shelves with christmas items....you know that cheap, foreign made, tacky decorations that one just has to have...well, every time I went out, there were none to be found, and I was getting a little impatient...so I had a little rant on facebook about it..
Anyhow, the lovely De, whom came to The Stitchers Dream Day Out, gave me a little pressy....just so I could get a 'fix'....De surprised me with this gorgeous santa garden light, I am tickled pink...how cute is he....I am so going to put him near the front door for everyone to admire...(the girls did give me a little ribbing about the fact that I would have a 'red' light at the front of my home).   Thank you again De, I felt like Queen Christmas with my santa septre.....woo hoo...
Not only did I get a lovely pressy from De, but on the day that I was having my tanty, Teresa , one of the Tuesday Girls, was at work when she had read what I had written....so she sent me this photo of the 'staff' christmas tree, wrapped in plastic, so I could have a 'fix' too...this made my night too...knowing that even though I couldn't see it yet, it was definitely coming....Thank you Teresa, I loved the photo....

I have no photo's to show of our lunch from our day out - it was much to healthy for The Tuesday Girls, and really totally not photo worthy, but on the way home we did make up for our sugarless day....
I had the flourless white chocolate cheesecake with raspberries...mmmm and yes is tasted just as good as it looked...
And of course, a little shopping just had to happen....
My purchases....A kit to make this bag....
 Some tilda fabric and pegs....not sure why on earth I am buying fabric for when I am not sewing at the moment....I bought a set of these lovely pegs and gave one to each of the Tuesday Girls as a reminder of our day out...they are soooo cute...
 Some woolfelt and an array of pretty colours...
 Enough fabric to make the sewing cushion....
And some handy spotty fabrics....maybe for a chrissy project...
Now that's it for me, a fantastic weekend...good friends, a little sewing, some yummy foods and some shopping, what more could a girl want....yes that's right.....and a little bit of christmas....can I purr now.....feeling very contented at the moment...love you girls......you make our outings purrfect...
cheers..
xxx

7 comments:

  1. It was just fantastic to see you....and hoping the day has kickstarted your mojo again... not long till Christmas!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day to me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi thankyou for sharing your fabulous day,love the goodie bag and how gorgeous is De for giving you a little bit of xmas,what a lovely day you had with awesome friends,hope your sewing mojo comes back Sandi,take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great day Sandi. I love being with you guys so much. I really hope your mojo comes back soon.... there is only so many cardboard circles I can handle!!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day! So many lovely projects, purchases and spending time with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Sandi. I thought Table 1 was very well behaved. See you all agsin next Sunday. hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Stitchers Dream Day out will neer be the same...............LOL...............but I know you would have all had lots of fun............

    ReplyDelete