Sunday, 28 September 2014

Letting Some Creative Juices Flow...

Not being very interested in sewing lately has left me with a little spare  time - to do what though.
Well firstly I did a little shopping last week, but not the fabric kind of shopping...
I found this little house/shelf at K Mart for $12 and knew what I wanted to do with it as soon as I laid my eyes on it...
So this......
 Became this....
I will confess I have "O.C.D" - Obsessive Christmas Disorder.....
I dragged out some bits and pieces and turned it into a christmas display...
This cubbyhole has a woodsy feel with a little birdhouse, pine cones and some little birds....The birdhouse was a 'rusty tin' birdhouse in which I covered in paper and added a perch...
 This cubbyhole took me a little longer...I had some little timber blocks that I covered in coloured papers and then stamped the letters onto the fronts...
 This cubbyhole shows off a 'cotton reel' christmas tree that I had made earlier in the year..along with a 'wrapped in fabric' bauble tied with a check piece of fabric...I did have a hanging string on my christmas tree with intentions of hanging it on my christmas tree but had to cut it off for this project..
 This cubbyhole holds two little cushions, also made earlier this year - just because I liked the fabric and they were scraps from a previous project...
In front sits a little bear - he is about the size of a 20 cent piece...
On the top shelf is another couple of ornaments dragged out from my chrissy boxes and a couple of those timber blocks wrapped in ribbon..(gotta have pressies)..
The other cubbyholes hold a couple of ceramic christmas ornaments and a silver present box...
Now I am quite in-love with my glue gun (until I forget I am wearing my good jeans and drip hot glue all over them, so I have hot glued everything in their spots....it would have driven me mad to reposition everything every time I moved it.
I also played with one of those frames that have those gaps between the glass and the back...I had one sitting around for ages and decided to replace this inside with some pretty papers, a wooden christmas ornament, a little metal frame, and some gold bells...mental note - need more bells...
The bells are loose and can move around, but it is a little squishy...
Well that's all for me, I'm going now to see if I can get the rest of that glue out of my jeans....
Cya all..
xx

5 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with this shelf unit. just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cubbyholes!! very creative Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you just know that I am going to adore it!!!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandi,

    Love what you have done with these, who needs to sew when you can make these.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the creativity here, what's not to love about Christmas I'd put my hand up in an instant to join your OSD club as I'm sure many others would too :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete