Sunday, 10 August 2014

Warm Feet and Strawberries.....

There seems to be a rumor going round about me, one about how I sew. Lately you would be wondering if this was true because I don't seem to be posting about much to do with sewing.  So this post is dedicated to sewing, well maybe not only about sewing stuff, but there will be the odd photo or two of something to do with it...
Warm Feet is the name of the pattern of these little stockings....they are made from wool felt, dmc thread and a couple of snowflake buttons...
 At the last retreat I went to, we all were given a mitten to complete and I was a little slack in getting round to finishing mine.   I don't know why cause it took no time at all to make and it is so cute...
If you have been keeping an eye on my blog, you would have read about me doing Libbys Mystery BOM...
I have now completed block 4....I hope I never have to chose my favourite block because I like so many of them...
I am finding it really hard to get a good photo of these blocks, I think because they are a little large...anyhow here it is..
 A closer look at the pie...
 And of the middle block...

You may be wondering where the strawberry part comes into things so I wont keep you in suspense any more...
This morning my daughters, hubby, son-in-law and grandson went to the Strawberry farm not far from us..
Here are the girls with their containers full of yummy strawberries...and yes hubby is being silly trying to put one in Amelia's ear...(dont ya just love the spotty gum boots..lol)
 Looking at the girls you wouldn't think that they came from the same gene pool but they certainly did...one has olive skin, dark brown eyes, dark hair and the other is blonde, blue eyed and fair skinned....go figure...
 Here is hubby being silly again...maybe he got into the sugar without me knowing it....
 There were strawberries everywhere....
My grandson kept trying to pick the green ones so we had to keep an eye on him....
 All that hard work must be rewarded with some freshly made strawberry ice-creams....
Not sure if it was wise to give hubby any more sugar but who would say no to these treats...
 I, of course, just HAD to try out the ice-creams as well.....so yummy.....
We have already eaten most of our strawberries, they were so nice that trying just one was impossible...just means we will have to go back and soon....
Thats it for me...
Cya all later...
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Sandi. Love all you did. That strawberry ice-cream looks so tempting, will have to make a visit to the strawberry farm soon. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is always beautiful Sandi. Gorgeous projects! How yummo do those strawberries look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects Sandi. Oh yumm fresh strawberries. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that quilt block....Well Done!!!! Would you mind sending me an email with the details of that quilt because I think I may just love it also....Thanks and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete