Sunday, 10 August 2014

Tamborine Mountain

My mojo has run away again and the thought of picking up my needle and thread this weekend was just not going to cut it...so maybe a day out will help me find it..
We are very fortunate to live close to the gorgeous Tamborine Mountains, somewhere one can always find yummy food, fantastic shops, beautiful rainforests and lovely scenery...
We started the day at the Witches Chase Cheese Company, here we had the buffet breakfast, and sorry, I was so hungry I didn't take any photos of my plate...
With our bellies full, we thought a little drive around the mountain was in order...
There are so many beautiful homes on the mountain, I could quite easily see myself living in many of them..
I love this lookout....some very insane "fearless" people jump from this spot to do a little bit of gliding.
They can have that all to themselves...this little black duck wouldn't do it for a million dollars...just push me off the mountain now...
Further down the road, we came across this little place....
 We expected to find the nursery but what a surprise the cafe was....Inside the old shed was a gift shop and cafe...totally unexpected...
 This is where we sat - on the sofa in front of the fire place...this is one of those places where your eyes just wonder from one thing to another...
 More items to the left of me....
 Amelia sitting on the lounge to the right of me...
 Morning tea....orange and fig cheesecake, served with custard...a little odd I know but the custard was lovely with the cheesecake...
 This was such an odd place, the shed was made from the original old style corogated steel, the area
was very rustic but I could have stayed there all day..   I did mention this to the owner and she told us we could sit here all day if we wished and directed me to a pile of magazines I could peruse while I relaxed...
 I love these little bird houses...
 We did reluctantly move from our spot....we did the mistake of feeding a sugary item to Amelia, so she was busting from the seams to do something...   Lets take a wonder around the nursery...
The flowers were beautiful, with some I will admit to never having seen before...
On the way home, we called into the Skywalk...need to let Amelia burn off some sugar, and, well, ok - maybe a little exercise would be good for me too...
 There is this amazing display of butterflies inside the centre...
 This butterfly looked like it had opals for wings...
 Now as much as I hate heights, I did do the skywalk....slowly and trying not to look down too much so I hope you can appreciate the fact that I did have to look down to take some photos for you...
 The forest is beautiful, the height maybe not so beautiful...for me anyway...lol

 Checking out the forest floor..
 Photos just don't do it justice...
 Quick Amelia, take the photo...I want to move away from the edge and get onto some solid ground....

Now that's it for a morning out..while I type this post, hubby and I have been discussing going up again today...maybe without Amelia, so we can sit by the fireplace in the shed a little longer....
I have two more photos to add, but these are for the cat lovers out there..
Last Tuesday, while getting ready to meet up with The Tuesday Girls at Helen's place, I packed my bag and left the room...on my return I found a stow away...
 Even picking my bag up did not deter her...she just held on tighter...I don't think Helen would have been amused if she came with me...so out ya get...
That's it for me and yes I do have some sewing to show you all...hopefully I will take some photos today of it for my next post.....
cheers
xxx


7 comments:

  1. Mt T is a lovely spot and there is so much to see... you are brave doing the skywalk - I couldn't manage it but I never went to any of the places you saw.. I will have to go again... I love the picture of the cat holding on so tight to come with you!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi thankyou for sharing your wonderful day with us,what a wonderful day you all had,love that Maci was coming to helens with you,what a funny kitten,hope you have a lovely sunday Sandi.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good time out - alwasy nice to discover new places - I like the sound of the shed :-) I love your last photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Sandi....love Tambourine!!!! Love all your pics too. How lucky we are to have it on our doorstep. Sounds like a good day out was definitely the ticket xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,
    What lovely pics! I'm with you about the gliding bit....not for quids. lol
    Bet that gift shop was yummy, the pic looked good.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely day out and great piccies...... you might have to take us up there I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Mt Tambourine botanic gardens about 6 years ago..........its a beautiful area...........

    ReplyDelete