Thursday, 19 June 2014

What's Behind Door Number One...

Why it's a new car......Tuesdays gathering started off pretty normal with a little bit of sewing, morning tea and lots of chatter, but things can change very quickly with this bunch...
After some discussion about Helen's new car it was decided that The New Car needed to be unleashed onto the roads......yep - Road Trip....
Here we are admiring Helen's shiny new toy.....looks a little clean here, but we can fix that...
 It's a little worrying when the driver is unsure of all the buttons in the car...We wanted to turn the talking directions thingy magiggy off, after all, there is enough talking going on without the car trying to interrupt us.
I wonder if it is this button??
No, well maybe this one......
 I think The New Car thinks it is already a member of the Tuesday Girls, cause it wont shut up....mmm she might fit in really well....lol
We did eventually get her to be quiet, but by this time the kids in the back were playing up....
 First destination was our local scrapbooking shop, unfortunately this shop is closing down and we won't be able to drop in soon..
You have to worry when The New Car keeps telling you to turn around and go home - do you think it was nervous having us in it....we did finally get her to be quiet - and no we did not shove something in her mouth...
Second stop - The Coffee Club.....well we need to celebrate the arrive of Helen's new baby...I had the Churros with chocolate dipping sauce...(we obviously did not get enough sugar at last Sunday's meeting)..
 Another lovely day with the girls, as usual, lots of laughs, yummy foods, shopping and well maybe a little stitching...
We did return the car back home, maybe a little dusty and with dirty floor mats but with no bruises to speak of.....and with a future booking for Helen to drive us to our next retreat....(this is of course if Helen's hubby will let us play with it again..lol)...
Now I do sew, some might wonder with all the outings and eatings I do, but yes I truly do, and to prove it, I have finally finished my Harvest Festival Quilt...
I am so pleased with it and to have actually finished something big....I am known to only finish the tops and then let them sit in my sewing room until I get around to the quilting part...(I hate the quilting part)...
Now where will I put it???
And last but not least - The Tuesday Girls have been working on Natalie Bird's Mouse Pincushion and I have finished mine.....except for the little felt ball for the tops - they are coming...
I have made two - one for me and one for the gift box.   Another project finished.....yippee....
Well that's all for today....catchya all later...xxx




10 comments:

  1. You girls always make me smile & laugh. Love your quilt & pincushions. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious road trip... oh my I do love that quilt you made..stunning... and lovely pincushions...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to be part of such a wonderful group

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only cars could speak!!
    That quilt is gorgeous - better bring it for as show & tell...loving the pincushions too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome post Sandi,love Helen's new car and boy those kids in the back sure look like they are playing up,lol. Love your big quilt well done it looks wonderful and your 2 pin cushions look very cute,hope you have an awesome day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always tell a great story Sandi. Car looks good. Your quilt and pincushions are beautiful hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a a beautiful quilt Sandi and the two pincushions are gorgeous. Love hearing about your days out with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely quilt........well done on the finished...............not sure if I would let you girls out with a new car..........lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely quilt....love those pincushions too, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done on your completed quilt it is amazing.
    the Pincushions are gorgeous too.
    you girls certainly have fun.

    ReplyDelete