Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Biggest Morning Tea - Sunday Stitches

The Sunday Stitches hosted a Biggest Morning Tea on the weekend and it was heaps of fun...
There were heaps of yummy "pink" goodies to eat.....pink cakes, pink dip, pink bikkies, etc....
The girls went all out with their "pink" treats.....
 Everything was delicious and wow what a sugar over-load, I don't think it affected me at all.....much...
What a way to start the day....zucchini slice, apple and blueberry crumble, pink m and m's, pink lamington,
and a little pink marshmellow tea cup bikkie....
Ok so this was first course, but I stopped taking photos of everything else I ate....don't want to make you too envious....
 Some of the girls are doing a stitch-a-long ....Gossip In My Garden....their blocks are coming along beautifully.   I would much rather prefer they made a mess of it because it would make it easier to resist starting this quilt myself...but oh no, they have to do a wonderful job and each time we get together, temptation just niggles at me a little more...(I do not need another quilt, I do not need another quilt).
 We had a couple of games on the day - no photos - silly me....but Susan won the "how many coffee beans in the jar" competition and Helen won the raffle....congratulations girls...
Here are two very well behaved girls....Teresa and myself....don't we look all lady-like with our little teacup bikkies....the sign behind us says it all......how can we not smile  - we are loved.....
 We then had some show 'n' tell...
Here is Helen, hiding behind her Twilight Garden, you can't see it very well, but there is embroidery all over this quilt and it has taken Helen some time to finish....photos just don't do it justice....
 Here is Helen and the designer, Maureen,  checking out all her beautiful handiwork...
I think my new kitty would love this quilt to curl up on...especially seeing as Helen can not find anywhere to hang it up in her house.....too many quilts, might be time to pass a few on to some "special" friends..wink wink....
 Here is Inca showing us her finished quilt top, it is so pretty with lots of beautiful blocks, must have taken ages to do...well done Inka...
 The lovely Linda show off her recently finished block.   I am looking forward to seeing the rest of her blocks...
 Now you might be wondering, with all the chatting, eating and laughing, if I actually did some sewing and the answer would be "yes".   I have been working on Natalie Bird's Mouse Pin-cushion... I didn't have any blue wool felt in my stash so have gone with pink and green...
The applique panel...
 The stitchery panel and the Hexagon/needle book panel...
It was a fantastic day, thank you Maree for organizing the day and thank you ladies for making the day great...I know for a fact that there were lots of laughing going on down our end of the table, I think we may just have had a wee to much sugar....
That's all for me...hope you all have a wonderful day...xxx

9 comments:

  1. OH??? really?? a bit of noise down your end?? Not that you'd notice!! We seem to manage a fun day don't we??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so much fun. Glad you all enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! I imagine that your end of the table would be the fun end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Sandi. It was a wonderful, fun filled day. hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a great day. thanks for sharing your progress on gossip in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful meeting as always - beautiful blocks, quilts and yummy treats :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you all had great fun and what a load of talent there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great show and tell....and a yummy looking spread....looks like the perfect day....and a wonderful cause as well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi you do need another quilt. :) What does Susan mean about noise down our end? lol. Great day as usual with everyone. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete