Sunday, 18 May 2014

A Weekend of Catching Up...

 The Sunday Stitches Group met today for our monthly get together, this of course is another way of saying - heaps of laughter, food and stitching, and as a bonus, three of the girls had birthdays this month and one of the girls was saying her goodbyes to the group so she can concentrate on her new project - the birth of her baby...
First photo is of the three birthday girls - Maria, Maree and Tatyana..
 The group chose today to present Tatyana with a quilt made especially for her baby by The Sunday Stitches group...
 I thought I would add another photo of Tatyana with the quilt - I couldn't decide between which photo I liked best - she was smiling beautifully in both...
 This is the label on the back, made by one of the very talented members of the group...
 We also presented Tatyana with a baby basket full of goodies for her little one....
Teresa also made this gorgeous nappy cake especially for Tatyana too ( have you guessed the sex of the baby yet?...lol) 
Some of the group have been doing a stitch-a-long and here they are showing us the "homework" completed... lookin good girls...

 Cheryl has been a little behind in her stitching so she brought in a note so she wouldn't get into any  trouble...lol
Such a great day and what a busy weekend, yesterday I had the chance to catch up with some special friends - Lynne and Chrissa...
Chrissa is doing great and has almost reached her 100 days since her transplant, it was a wonderful day to be able to - once again - eat naughty foods and laugh together...and to see her well enough to join in...
Now you might be asking - doesn't this girl ever sew - well of course I do...but the only photos I have taken recently of my sewing are of The Christmas Belles quilt....
I have finished my top, was ahead of schedule I might add, but that just gives me heaps of time to quilt it...something I am known to NOT do...lol
 I have had alot of trouble getting a good photo of this quilt - it was a little too big to get any detail to show, so I have taken a few close ups..
The rose border...
 Maci getting in on the act once again - (I thought you said you would play with me)....
 If I move over here, will you play with me....
 Can you see it now.....lol

Ok now I have to do some showing off - My youngest daughter is in the latest issue of the Queensland Brides magazine...she is dressed in a bridesmade/flower girl dress....
This is the second time she has been in a bridal magazine, and each time I make sure I buy a copy to put away for safe keeping....maybe I should get her to autograph it for me....
Anyhow tha'ts all today, I will try  to take some photos of the other stitching projects I have been working on....if I remember.....lol
cheers...xx


8 comments:

  1. You were quick Sandi. Fabulous day as always. What's a quilt without a cat photo bombing ? :). Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatkis is just glowing,not long to go now,lovely pic of your daughter she makes a beautiful model.
    Wow i love this quilt and boy it didnt take you long to put it together Sandi,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought you would be to busy chatting etc to get any sewing done on theses days......
    Glad your friend is going well....... It's a long road......
    gorgeous girl....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you all having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a wonderful day, full of presents and laughs!
    Thanks for the gifts and photos Sandi!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas Belles looks lovely - but its hard to see with that furry thing in the middle!!

    Congratulations to your daughter - a modelling career??

    ReplyDelete
  7. great to see you all had a wonderful day... your quilt is beautiful... so is your daughter....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day & it looks like Tatyana's darling baby will be so comfy under her beautiful quilt!
    Great to see more of the Christmas Belles - they are so pretty well done Sandi x

    ReplyDelete