Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Norreen's Birthday Outing and a Catch up

Today one of The Tuesday Girls celebrated her ??? birthday...so a trip out was in order...
First things first....Pressies....
I am not sure who is more excited - Norreen or Helen...
 Now both are looking pretty excited...
 This is a table runner I had made for Norreen for Christmas but then went a different way and so I had saved it for her birthday...
Ok first stop on our outing - Pleasuresew at Capalaba, no photos sorry but there were lots of lovely things to look at and buy...
Second stop - morning tea (just a little more important than the first stop)...
We found a little cafe at Bayside  - purrfect for a little snack...yum - Banana Bread..
Third stop - Bayside Quilters...the lovely Joy from Joy Patch was there busily sewing up a storm but took some time off to have some photos with us...
Joy, Helen, Teresa, Me, Norreen, and Laurel..
 Here we are again - Joy is taking the photo for us....just a couple of shopping bags here and there...we always want to know at the end of the day - who wins....(this means - who spent the most while we are out) - Teresa was the lucky winner of today's outing (I think she must be holding her bags behind her back)...lol
I was very well behaved today - only bought a couple of items...a small kit, some ric rac, a pretty little tin, and some papers...
 Don't you just love the fabric that was in the kit....
It was another fantastic day with lots of laughs and silliness...oops forgot a photo of my lunch - silly me...lol
Looks pretty yummy - I can tell you - it was...
Now back home I am feeling really exhausted and all I want to do is sleep but I have just realised I have a couple of catch up photos to add..
I bought myself a new light box at the Stitches Show last month and have only just recently had some time to play with it...and I love it...very light weight, bright and easy to use...
The box...cause you just need to see that..lol
 It was so bright I had trouble getting a photo of it turned on...it is bigger than it looks - the stitchery
was quite large..
And now for a couple of grandson photos...
Hubby and I took our grandson to the Daisy Hill Koala Reserve for a look around...
Here he is looking at a small branch and seeing how they fall into the creek...
 I couldn't help myself when I saw this enormous old fallen tree - covered in moss and looking so beautiful and peaceful laying with the ferns...
 A closer look at the log...I am absolutely sure that if I waited long enough I would have seen some fairies living in this beauty...and no - I was not sniffing the moss or anything else while there..lol
Well that's it for me, time to sleep.  My mother and her partner are staying with us til next week and my grandson is coming on Thursday to stay for 5 nights while his parents go away, so I am not sure what I will get up to or even if I will get time to blog or sew but I will try to keep up my stalking of blogland...so goodnight all and I hope to see you all later...

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post Sandi and happy birthday to Noreen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday hugs to Noreen. Glad you celebrated in style. Lovely to see Joy there in the piccie. Daisy Hill forest is a favourite of mine. Love your photos....what a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you all had a fun day out. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blast you all had Sandi & I 'm sure you'll get lots of good use from your new light

    ReplyDelete