Tuesday, 8 April 2014

My Special Day

I had the most fantastic day today...I got to celebrate with The Tuesday Girls and boy did they go all out...I was expecting a normal stitching day with maybe a cake and some lunch but they went all out...
The table was just beautiful, all of the good china was on the table (I did try to break one of Helen's cups once or twice but didn't), lovely plates of yummy food, flowers in vases, and even a "Happy Birthday" balloon..
This was my cup for the day - roses cause they know me so well....I did try to sneak this one home with me but alas was too slow to stash it in my bag...
 Here is a photo of the table...look at all the yummy food....delicious...
MMM, cake, chocolate cake.....thank heavens they didn't put the correct number of candles on the cake, we might have set off the fire alarms...lol
 And of course pressies....look what the girls gave me...envious....The new Anni Downs book - The Home Patch...I am thrilled to bits, soooo can't wait to go through the whole book....something I plan on doing tomorrow, when I can sit back with a coffee and maybe a chocolate and just disappear into the pages....my kinda heaven....
 Teresa gave me this gift  - looks just like a normal sewing machine...tricked ya...its not your
every day run of the mill sewing machine...it has a secret....
 Inside is a set of thread holder coasters....(say that three times...lol)  They are so pretty, the girls think I should use them on our Tuesday get togethers, but I think they are too pretty for that...so hands off - just look with your eyes - not the hands...lol
 Teresa also dragged out her scrap booking stash and made me a special card with a matching bookmark, and can you see the little box with the birdy on it.. how pretty is that...
 Here is a close up of it....I don't know if you can see the lace on the side but it is gorgeous...inside (if you look at the above photo) was a special heart charm to go with my charm bracelet...
I will take a photo of all my charms tomorrow (after I read my new book) and show you all of them....
Teresa and myself are part of a charm club and each month for six months we get a new charm to add to our collection...On the left is my latest charm and the heart one on the right is a special one Teresa bought for me....I love that this one is a heart....It is definitely my favourite one...
 I still have my balloon, a lovely keepsake of a special day spent with special friends...
 Laurel gave me this cup, fabric and chocolates (the very same chocies I plan on eating tomorrow while reading my new book)...I think the saying on the cup says everything....lol
Thank you girls, I am tickled pink that you all went to so much effort, just for me, I really, really appreciate all that you have done....the thing I loved the most though was getting to spend the day with you guys....who needs millions - I already have everything I need, right here with my friends.



Now as a special treat, today was also the first time I got to see my special friend, Chrissa, in person since her bone marrow transplant and her last lot of chemo..isn't she looking good?  We have started to make plans on dying her hair a bright colour when it is about half an inch long...maybe I should join her...I think it would be fun...( I like purple or bright red maybe)..
I am such a lucky person, I have the best friends anyone could want... even better than chocolate or pressies (but only just..lol)...I feel rich beyond anything....thank you again girls....Helen, Norreen, Teresa, Tereasa and Laurel, Tuesdays are my favourite day of the week..love you all heaps....xxx

7 comments:

  1. I just love the photo of you and Chrissa... she is looking amazing and I'm so glad you got to catch up with her today. Must have been a huge day for you... you should have joined me at the gym tonight... ha ha ha... that is really funny....
    Thanks for a super day and I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday with us xxxx love ya to bits

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a fantastic day! Well deserved I reckon! Enjoy that book and those chocolates today! Friends are diamonds xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous day for you Sandi. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day! you sure do have a lovely group of sewing friends...only thing missing was your little pussy cat...wonder you didn't take her along (Helen would have loved you even more!)
    Just love that mug too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant gifts and it really does look like a fabulous day. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy belated birthday................

    ReplyDelete