Sunday, 9 March 2014

So Sorry.....

What for you may be asking....well I know there are a few fellow bloggers that just absolutely hate Mug Rugs...and to tell the truth, I use to be one of them.   I could not understand why anyone would make a little mat just for your mug...
Well I now have to confess that I do like them...I use one all the time for my sewing table - keeps the moisture off my table and away from my sewing...
I also use one on my bedside table (not that I am confessing to taking anything edible to bed)...
My goal this year has been to finish off my UFO's, and to use the fabric that I have..and not to add to my stash unnecessarily...now you have to think of the second part as a diet...I tend to be sometimes good and the other times....well you get the picture...but today I managed to use only my scraps on some little projects...MUG RUG's just seem to be multiplying and what a good way to use up some scraps...pity it has not even made a dint in the pile but its a start...
Here are my first ones...I started with the little panel piece in the middle, that I had hanging around...
 Then I got a little more adventurous...blues and browns have been calling to me lately so I rummaged through my stash for colours in this range and here is what I came up with.  I didn't have to much of the cup fabric left so I had to be careful how I cut them.
 After finishing the blue and brown mug rugs I had just a little left over so it seemed like a good
idea to make another mug rug with a couple of appliqued cups on it...
 Now for something a little different...the pink floral fabric in the background are 6 pieces left over from another project...sewn together and some raw edged appliqued leaves and ta da....a pretty little mug rug...
 You may be think - what on earth is she going to do with all these mug rugs - I have no idea...but they have been fun making them...
I have also made this little bag out of scraps and it has been handy for storing my mug rugs in...
I might just add all the mug rugs to my gift stash...
Well that's it for today....I have loved experimenting with my scraps....I can definitely see more in my future, and besides it helps justify any new purchases that may head my way...
Cya all next time...xxx


5 comments:

  1. My goodness you have been so busy. Very cute Mugrugs...even though I am in the 'not a fan camp' lol! Love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon mug rugs are pretty nice!! Very handy to
    have and it does keep those marks off the tables.
    I love your designs and colours you've used.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the little bits & pieces Sandi! I do love that fabric... The last one would look very pretty under a vase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they do look pretty sandi,and will make nice gifts.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, they all are so cute! I'm in love with blue-and-browns :)
    The bag is lovely!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete