Thursday, 20 February 2014

Retreat with the Girls..

I don't usually like to brag but how could I not when this has been my bed for the last four days...
My cottage this time round was called "Ivy" which I thought was wonderful because that is my grandmothers name...
Norreen was my room buddy this time round, which worked out great because we are both
early risers, hence we don't disturb anyone else when we wake up...unless one goes visiting at the
other cottages....
 We usually wait until day two to venture out to the local cafe/gift shop - Bryson's -  but patience were nowhere to be found, so a trip on the first day was a must (and the third day..lol)....
Here are the girls....Michelle, Jenny and Tatyana...
 Teresa (Cassie) and myself....

 Norreen, Tereasa and Jenny...
 Helen and Jen.

Fiona from BugzRugz made a special trip out to visit us for the day...and upon her leaving in the afternoon left us with a surprise....and pile of wrapped pressies for us to play a game with..
Now I have never played this game before and I don't know what it was called but you got to steal the gifts off the other players...it was so funny...
 Tereasa was first up to open a gift....
 A beautiful bag, but as this game implies, she did not get to keep it...lol
 After many laughs and lots of stealing, this is what I scored...a lovely thread catcher, bookmark and needles case...  Thank You heaps Fiona, it was a wonderful surprise and we had a ball playing it....we are actually thinking of making this game a regular event at retreat...
 Have a look at these two little beauties....Michelle has been cleaning out some of her teddies and I was lucky enough to stealtake, aquire these two little treasures...
I love the look on the tan teddies face....he is obviously the one to drive the other one around to all the quilt shops and cafes....she is so happy and he just looks grumpy.   I need to think of a good name for them...
 A close up....Just makes you want to smile, doesn't he....
I came home with this little girl from Bryson's...she looks a little sad so I will make sure she gets an invite to the shops with the other teddies....I am sure little mister teddy wont mind being around two giggly girls...
 Now Michelle had not finished with us and gave all the girls a little gift...talk about spoilt...teddies and goodie bags...thank you Michelle, it was lovely having you along, I hope we didn't lead you astray too much....
 I have always wanted to purchase Michelle's Alphabet 'Noel' pattern and never got my act together to actually buy it...Michelle was kind enough to bring one to retreat for me...I can think of a dozen ways to use it already so I am sure it will be a very handy investment....Thank you Michelle...
 If you read my blog, you will know that last time I was on retreat I bought this beautiful coffee cup, I have lots of teacups but this was my only "pretty" coffee cup...well, you see, I dropped it not long ago...one minute it was in my hand and the next it was on the floor in a million pieces..I had been so careful with it and I was so disappointed when it broke.  I had bought it at Bryson's and while we were there I was able to find the exact same one...so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this one lasts a bit longer in one piece..
 Now you may be thinking - does this girl sew...and yes I do but it was secret sewing and I just can't show you....but I can show you these little bags that I managed to make while there...I love the fabric, I have been very attracted to the colour blue these days and knew this material would be purrfect for this project.
Well thats it for me...I may have a - part 2 - to blog about when I can steal some photos from the girls....Thank you Michelle and Jenny, it has been a blast having you both join us....I hope we didn't shock you too much....I think not....I think you are both secretly just like us, but I wont tell
anyone....promise....
Ok now I really am going...thanks girls for a fabulous retreat....I had a ball, was spoilt rotten, and giggled myself silly...what more could one want...oh ok - maybe cuddles from hubby...lol
Chow babies...(dont know where that came from - I'm tired and my brain is starting to malfunction - need rest)   xxx

9 comments:

  1. It was the best!!!!! I'm still talking my head off about how much fun we had. Thanks for everything Sandi and thank you for the gorgeous "blue" gifts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a wonderful retreat! Thanks for everything :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sandi for taking such wonderful care of us and for the invitation. I had a ball and loved every shocking minute...lol! Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol so glad you all had so much fun,great post thankyou for sharing Sandi.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Sandi. Glad you had a great time. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crammed so much into three days!!! Glad you had an awesome time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am giggling just imagining the fun you all would have had. Looking forward to our time there in July.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab time you all had! Sandi I love all the pics & news in this post, so great to have the chance to spend time with friends in such a fun setting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a great time at the Retreat till tired must be all the laughing we did . Well Nutty Nor has done it again downloaded photos from my phone to put on my blog still cant do it .x

    ReplyDelete