Monday, 10 February 2014

A Little Bit of Creativity

Yesterday I just could not get motivated to do any sewing...I sat in my sewing room for an hour trying to decide what I should tackle next...
I should be sandwiching a quilt but alas - no wadding left in the cupboard....add this to my Need To Buy List..
Maybe I could do a little hand stitching....mmm...I think not...don't feel like concentrating on doing neat and tidy stitches...
I could check out all my books that I love and always have intentions of making loads of items from them but never do...they just sit there and look pretty...(and collecting dust)..
I could clean my room - NAH - So Over-rated....cleaning  - such a dirty word...
MMM Need something to get my juices flowing....I know - I could pull out all my pretty papers and I Just Gotta Have Nick Nacks and make some cards...
I am one of THOSE people who collect lots of bits and pieces with the intention of using them but never do...so yesterday I planned on actually making something with some of them (I didn't even make a dint in the pile - how sad)...
I tried to use up a particular colour range so I didn't have lots of bits and pieces left over...anyway this is what I came up with...

I have also made a card for my grandsons second birthday but I can't show you that one yet...so you will just have to wait...
Hubby walked into my room at one stage and never comments of the state of it but yesterday he just couldn't help himself...He thought I was cleaning.....hahahaha....he is soooo funny..
I had to explain that I needed ALL the papers out and ALL the nick nacks out and ALL the stamps out and ALL the ribbons out etc etc etc...I should have taken a photo but I could not find my camera under all the stuff....lol  
Mental Note To Self - I do not need anymore stuff.....full stop....must use up what one has first...
at least make a dint in what one has first...
Well thats all folks...
Catchya round...
Sandi

6 comments:

  1. It does get like that sometimes...- and as much as you say you won't buy more - sometimes you still don't have what you need.
    But now you are well stocked - ready for any occasion / birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I think your creative juices just needed different toys to play with. I agree cleaning the stitching cave is over rated. I am still hoping the tidy fairy will feel sorry for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I can relate to this :) Your cards look great, and you made so many!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Can imagine the picture of your room - I did the same yesterday trying to find one particular fabric (in vain :) )

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Sandi. looks like you have the next few birthdays covered. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are gorgeous Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete