Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Mini break

Just had what Bridget Jones would call - A Mini Break...hubby and I went camping down at Flat Rock in New South Wales.  Flat Rock is between Lennox Heads and Balina....they have some lovely beaches there and such beautiful country side...all a lovely lush green colour...they are obviously getting more rain than we are..
First day...Going for a walk along the beach...
 A view to the north...Lennox Heads is the other side of cliff...
Day two....A wonder around the rock pools...


Day three....hubby reliving his childhood...or maybe teenagehood....lol
 I know the surf looks flat here but just around the bend it is bigger...
A little sewing for me...playing with elongated hexes...

Day four....another walk...see I told you the surf was larger around the corner...there are three dolphins that came and played with the surfers each day....if I didn't know any better I would think they were trying to
imitate the surfers...
 Now for a walk down the other way...mmm not to many people to notice my wobbly bits while wearing my togs...phew!!!
Well thats all, we are back now...and may I say that out of all the things I did while away...eating at the restuarant at Lennox Heads or the French Cafe in Balina...or all the walks along the beaches and the swims in the surf....I was not impressed with the kilo that followed me home...how dare it...doesnt it know what happens on holidays - stays on holidays....would be nice if I could send it back....oh well - it was worth it...
Now what did I leave in my sewing room that might be needing some attention.....cya

4 comments:

  1. lovely pics Sandi,such a lovely spot.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im just home from a beach holiday ...... can we all go back, I am missing it so. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely break for you in a great spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Northern NSW beaches....lucky you. You looked very relaxed stitching away there. Your hexies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete