Thursday, 30 January 2014

Birthday's Galore

Today we  celebrated not one but two birthdays in our household...Our eldest daughter, Elle, turned
25 and our youngest son, Jaxon, turned 19...
 Elle has a thing for ice-cream cake - the one with the freddo frogs in iside it...
 This is the cake that Jaxon's girlfriend, Michaela made for him....yes they are tim tams you can see there...
My grandsons first Tim Tam...do you think he likes it...
 The kids being themselves, do you know how hard it is to get them to behave for a photo...
Youngest to eldest...Amelia, Jaxon, James, Keelan, Ellesha...
 Ok now they are behaving better...we have their partners involved now (and the grandson)...
Jaxon and his beautiful girlfriend Michaela....Michaela made two very large lasagnes for dinner as well as the cakes...
 Michael, Elle and Hudson...the only way we got Hudson to look at the camera is to tell him there was a tim tam in the lens...lol
 Jaxon and Michaela again...
Well thats it for birthdays...now for some sewing stuff...
A couple of little projects from the Natalie Bird book - In My Garden...
 And another little Japanese bag from Patchwork Mariko...the Mini Ami Bag pattern.
Boy did I have fun with this...NOT...I reached a stage when where I had all the weaving done - well I
thought it was all done, only to find that right back at the start I had done a mistake...I tried for ages to work it out and it didn't make any difference to the outcome.  So I undid it all and started again, and ta da  - it worked....why didn't I unweave it all the first time I couldnt get it right...but oh no, not me, just keep persisting for hours....making lotsa of choice noises and words...
It was so easy if you do it right the first time....now it looks pretty good....I know, I was just being stubborn and did not want to admit I had done it wrong....so glad I persisted though and I never want to discuss this matter ever again....lol
Well thats it for me...good night all...xx

5 comments:

  1. Lots of happy birthday pics - hope you are all OK with "Dylan|".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to both your children. Great family pics! Great memories being made. I know that Tim Tam feeling exactly!!! Yep I think GS is a Tim Tam tragic like so many of us. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects Sandi....well done. What a fun Birthday celebrations and where is my piece of cake ?

    Helen


    Ps..... I know how much fun you had with your Japanese bag......hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi,
    Looks like everyone had a great time celebrating birthday's!!
    All the best of wishes to them, and I love the cakes!! Nice Natalie projects too!
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The unmentionable matter is so lovely. Great photos of your family having a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete