Friday, 10 January 2014

A Mckenna Ryan start

I have had a couple of McKenna Ryan patterns hanging around (should I mention for years - but no I wont go there)...and this year I have joined Susan's on-line group for completing these projects...
I have been a little reluctant to start these projects, always feeling a little out of my depth with raw edge applique but being part of this group has given me the push I have needed..
I first had to find my patterns - two wall hangings, yes you read right - they were only wall hangings not quilts..and no I am not a wuss...
Step two was to add some fabric to the ones I have stashed away (I did have high hopes of one day
actually doing these patterns so I did have a couple of fabrics).  But one must do what one must and shopping for more colours was a neccessity.
I ran out of Vliesofix after a small start so this meant another shopping trip...oh dear...
Now after much deliberation and a lot of thinking, I managed to finish the top....
Most people who know me, know I am a little partial to goats so it seemed appropriate to start with this pattern..Please ignore the pink fabric around the outer - this is the back of the backing fabric which is red...
Now all I have to do is quilt it...mmm   might need to have a drink or two to loosen up before starting this bit..lol
Anyhow I am going away for a couple of days so I will catch up with everyone when I get back...
Oh and I did manage to sort out the photo problem, kinda, I had to change to Google Chrome for it to work (not sure if I like Google Chrome yet as now I seem to have all these pop ups happening when I open it up).
All that needs doing is to repaste all the previous photos where they are not - easy - NOT more like mind numbingly slow....so please excuse me if I take my time reapplying them...
Thats all today, catchya all next week...cya
xx


3 comments:

  1. Love your goat quilt. You did a brilliant job

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a wonderful job of your goat. He definitely has lots of character. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Glad you got the computer sorted. Enjoy your break x

    ReplyDelete