Friday, 17 January 2014

A Christmas Story and Christmas Belles

I have finally finished the top of my - A Christmas Story - quilt by Anni Downs...
You may remember last year when I was planning on having this one completed for Christmas 2013, well that didn't go quite to plan, to be honest, I didn't progress any further since then, it just stayed on my wall - there in full view to torment me every time I came into the sewing room...
Well it can torment me no more...well maybe until I actually quilt it...lol
I am not sure what colour binding I will use, the pattern shows a tan farbic, but I am thinking maybe the blue I have used as the border...what do you think?
Some of the Tuesday Girls are doing a quilt-a-long this year - Christmas Belles - and we are to complete blocks 1 and 2 this month.  Well I am ecstatic  to say that I am up to date...
I am on a roll, so what is next..mmm let me see...
Catchya all next time round...
xxx



8 comments:

  1. Looks like the blue might work well for the binding - quilt looks gorgeous. Love the Christmas Belles blocks. It looks like a fun quilt to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow both look great, well done.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Christmas story quilt, I'd probably go with the blue for the binding as well. Whose pattern is the Christmas belles quilt?? :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas Belles looks lovely - and you are up to date - well done...
    Personally I am more of a self bind girl - so I'd go the cream/tan whatever it is
    just like to be different don't I??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas Belles looks lovely - and you are up to date - well done...
    Personally I am more of a self bind girl - so I'd go the cream/tan whatever it is
    just like to be different don't I??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog today and love your work. I would also like to know where I could purchase the pattern "Christmas Belles", I am in the US and would have to order from someone who ship over seas. Thanks for the info. Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was part of the original Christmas-Belles-Along. I love my quilt and enjoy hanging it up every December. Any colour binding on Christmas Story would look great. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt! Hope you'll finish it soon :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete