Tuesday, 17 December 2013

The Tuesday Girls Christmas Party

Today we had our Christmas party and I guess, break up for the year...I am at a loss of words today, so much laughing, eating, pressies, that I can hardly sit up straight..my eyes want to shut, if only for a little while, am soooo tired but it was totally worth it..
Here is a close up...
 Just look at this table...what a mess...I will tell you the truth...its all their mess, not mine, no way, couldn't possibly belong to me....




 There is always one who can not control themselves and surprisingly it is not Helen this time, sorry Helen, but today it was Norreen.
Norreen is showing off her moustache, doesn't she look lovely...
 This year we decorated a bon bon each...inside we had to put one of each of the following...
 a fat eighth of fabric, a button, a piece of ribbon/ricrac, a chrissy item (earings, decoration) and something to eat...
Here they all are...they were so pretty that it seemed a pity to open them...but we did...
Sorry it wasn't a good photo...
This is what I found inside my bon bon..
 Now for the pressies...I must have been a REAL good girl this year because I received heaps of wonderful pressies or I just know how to fake it...
Teresa gave me this beautiful eggcup with matching salt shaker and spoon...can you see the pattern on them.....roses, my favourite flower...
She also gave me a beautiful smelling soap and a packet of Snowman Poo..Thank You Cassie...
 Helen gave me this beautiful sugar bowl and creamer....this is going to look GREAT on my bookshelf...move over chrissy decorations..  I cant wait to use these...Thank You Helen.
 Norreens present is up next...She gave me two beautiful signs and a hand painted cotton reel...I wanted to hang these up straight away but all my hooks have Christmas items on them...I will just have to wait, not an easy task for someone like me...Thank you Norreen.
 Now for Tereasa, I can see a theme happening here, have you noticed yet...lol  
Tereasa gave me this lovely sign that goes with the delicious box of chocolate..very apt don't you think...and look at the decoration I am holding up.   It is a Christmas tree with bells and little painted pine cones on it...I don't want to hang this on my tree because it will disappear amongst all the other decorations, so I will need to find the perfect spot for it....Thank you Tereasa...
 Last but not least is this gift from Laurel...it is a melting clock, it hangs off a shelf and looks like it has melted in the heat...There are also three chocolates and a mouse candy cane...I think the clock  will look good in the lounge room, I don't have a clock in there so it will be very handy.  Thank you Laurel...
 We had an extra surprise today...Lynda sent us ALL a homemade Christmas cake each...omg, thank you Lynda, it was such a wonderful surprise and a yummy one too...
Hubby and I are going to share it with coffee tonight, a perfect end to a perfect day...

Well that's it for today...I am sitting here, reflecting on today and thinking how lucky I am to be surrounded by such lovely friends and that includes some bloggy friends too..
Good night all and I hope everyone is having a great day too....bye

8 comments:

  1. It certainly was a great day Sandi, we seem to be repeating ourselves as everyday we spend together is a...... great day.

    Thank you for having us in your home and all the lovely gifts......

    Sorry about the snow lol

    Love
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou for sharing your wonderful day Sandi ,you got lots of wonderful gifts that egg cup set is amazing,enjoy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to end your year. Fabulousness everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all did have a fabulous time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have had a wonderful day. Lovely gifts and the bonbons were a good idea. Certainly couldnt be your mes on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Get Together! Lots of good laughs and some amazing pressies in there too Sandi - enjoy them all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like there was a bit of scallywagging
    going on!!!! Sounds like fun.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete