Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Spending Time With Loved Ones

Well this year is coming to an end, and as I reflect back on 2013, I think to myself - what a year..
So many things have happened this year and not only around me and my family but around other families as well.  This year has been full of the typical ups and downs of life but the one thing that I keep coming back to is not where I have been or what I have bought or eaten for that matter, but who I have spent time with.....family and friends...
I love the time I have spent with my family and my friends and I am hoping next year will be full of
more time spent with them..
Yes you may have guessed it,  I am feeling rather sombre this morning, so I will not ramble on like I usually do, but please everyone, have a great new year and make time for your friends and family, they are more important than anything else.

Yesterday I got to spend the day with two of my friends, one of which is in for the fight of her life.
I have known these two scallywags for a very long time and they mean a great deal to me...
I usually refer to them as my shopping friends because we are brutally honest with each other when asking that time old question - does my butt look big in this???
The strange looks we would get from others when all three of us would pop out of a dressing room wearing the exact same outfit...laughing our heads off to boot...and discussing which one of us the outfit suited the most......priceless..
Anyhow here is a photo of myself and my partners in crime....we were unable to get our usual Christmas photo together this time round so a hospital one it is...
Left to right...Lynne, Chrissa, and me (Sandi)...
Have a fantastic new year everyone and may all your dreams and wishes come true...xxx

5 comments:

  1. how wonderful to have such special friendships Sandi and i wish your friend all the best in her battle,it sounds like the world is a better place when you 3 go out together and have fun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you and your family Sandi and a big cyber hug for your friend Chrissa,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones Sandi. Sending healing and hugs to your friend Chrissa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful post Sandi... Happy New Year to you and your family and I hope 2014 is a wonderful year. All the best to Chrissa and I am here if you need me xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year. I'm looking forward to another year of seeing all your wonderful sewing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete