Saturday, 16 November 2013

Early Birthday Party

Our youngest daughter's birthday is very close to Christmas day, so every now and then we let her have a party with her school friends in November...
Today was that day...and for those who live around us would know there was a hail storm go through around the same time the party was due to start...no problem - it was going to be a pool party anyway, we just moved the food inside and they were not allowed anywhere near the pool until the storm had
passed..
 Amelia is lucky enough to have an elder sister who loves to plan events (she is a wedding planner) and so at the mention of the word party and suddenly everything is organised...I just sit back and relax (well maybe not - but I do get to watch my grandson while she does her magic)...This time she made Amelia a cupcake birthday cake...
 And cupcakes that had a water theme (umbrellas, sand, water and a life saver)...
 She also made the banner - its too big to take a photo of it all so here is a little snippet...
 There were little pales on the table with different lollies in them...I didn't get any photos of the multi-coloured jellies and the oreo ball pops covered in chocolate....
 My grandson wore his straw hat all day and you know what - I think I got the best job of all - to watch him while his mother got creative...tough job but someones gotta do it...pick me...
 Sneaking a moment with pop and nana...
I didn't get a lot of photos of Amelia (she was in and out of the pool so many times) but I will have more, I am sure, when it is her actual birthday...
That's it for me...nana is tired...needs to put her feet up...

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time and love all the yummie goodies. Glad the storm didn't spoil the party.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever big sister Amelia is. The cupcake birthday cake was gorgeous as are the little pool ones. Your Grandson is such a cutie. Big Happy birthday to the Birthday girl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the storm didn't stop the party. I know what it is like to have a birthday at Xmas when you are young. It's not so bad when you get older. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what gorgeous birthday pics, and lucky you to have a planner in the family!! Glad it all went well and a happy birthday to your daughter.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete