Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Our Big Day Out

It just goes to show you that it doesn't matter where you go, you can make anywhere a fun time with friends...today we visited our local Laundry Mat...two of The Tuesday Girls (me being one of them) had shaggy quilts that needed washing and drying and what better way to do it - with friends and with huge machines...
 My quilt going round and round....
 We did manage a little sewing..(I think the lady down then end thinks we are nuts)...
 All finished - clean and fluffy - perfect
Then we had a look around the new local knick knack shop...here I bought a couple of items...
Some fake flowers...
 A close up - Roses of course - my favourite..
 Some pretty serviettes...
After shopping we had lunch at the Local Coffee Club...yum...I always plan on having dessert but
after eating lunch I can never fit it in...
Now for some sewing photos...I have been doing a little secret sewing lately so it has been hard to
put up any photos so here is just a little snippet of some pieces...

 You may have noticed that I have been making some project bags lately so here is one I have adapted with handles for my grandson for chrissy...the large one will hold a colouring book or two and the smaller one will hold some chunky crayons...I know - he is not even 2yrs but I think he will
love it...
 He loves to help his mummy in the kitchen so I have done up this panel for him with a matching chefs hat...
Now back to the project bags...here I have completed another two (matching) bags for myself...
 And here is Teresa with her Project bag and Norreen couldn't wait to show us her new one...
can you see it...yep you may have guessed it - its a zip lock bag...hahaha  - your so funny...

 
Mmm is that everything....not quite - This is another block towards my - A Christmas Story quilt..
Nearly there - I will keep on sewing - keep on sewing....and hopefully get it done before Christmas..

 And last of all - my new book arrived yesterday...as much as I would love to start making things from it already I will be a good girl (stop laughing) and clear some ufo's first...I wish I could manage the same control when it comes to chocolate...oh well....at least I don't leave ufo chocolate pieces around anywhere...lol
That's it for me....getting so excited about chrissy......oh and keep an eye out - I plan on holding my very first Give Away in December - just because Its Christmas....cheers all....xxx

5 comments:

  1. Great idea to go to the laundromat. It is the bit that always put me off making a shaggy. Love your sneak peeks and your Grandsons creative pouch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Sandi. Never thought of going to the laundromat to wash quilts. You have been busy. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Sandi. Never thought of going to the laundromat to wash quilts. You have been busy. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls could have a good time anywhere I think,and why not the laundromat. My friend made her Grandies zippy pouch pencil cases recently. I think Norreen is hinting that you should make her a zippy pouch too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea of spending time together sewing :)))
    Great processes and the book looks wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete