Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Glenrose Retreat

Our very first annual retreat has gone off beautifully, I don't think we could have planned it any better than if I had done all the organising myself....
On arrival to Glenrose, we were welcomed with a Devonshire tea...yum...definitely worth getting there on time just for this...(I did pinch the photo from one of the Tuesday Girls, so thank you)..

From left to right...Teresa, Laurel, Jenny, Norreen, Me (Sandi), Helen, Tatyana...
What a beautiful shop, I think this is what heaven should look like....or then again maybe it should look like Bryson's - a gift shop/florist/coffee shop that is in the middle of town...
Here we are at Bryson's having morning tea, contemplating what goodies we are going to buy....
Some foodie photos first....and as you can see, we ate pretty healthily - NOT...
You can see some of the gifts in the background...but this is only a small amount considering what is
actually in the shop - do you think they would notice if I moved in..

The cottages are without fault....can I take one of these home...pretty pleaasseee....I will look after it, I promise...
On one of the nights I lost the plot and was laughing so much I couldn't see straight - and it has nothing to do with the bottles on the table...   Hello Tat - your glass is looking empty, and I don't see any chicken in front of you....
 I did manage some sewing - I have started to put my - A Christmas Story by Anni Downs together.
 I also managed to make a few projects bags....my very first zips, now arnt I just clever...thanks Teresa for guiding...I love these bags, I am going to make millions....lol
I have already put some projects into them. Only 999 994 to go...
 Purchases...yes I did buy some items while away...first I want to show you this beautiful clock..
I love it...and it has my favourite flower on it  - roses...
I feel this was my best buy list...
I have just realised that I forgot to turn the photo sideways...did you notice too...oh well - too bad, you get the idea anyway...
 Some pretty fabrics to add to my stash...
 And a little teapot, sorry it's not the best photo of it...
Well that's it for me, I came back from retreat exhausted - too much laughing, eating, drinking, shopping, and chicken, but never enough time spent with some of the greatest friends a girl can have..
Oh just realised - maybe I was in heaven...and your right - there can never be enough of the above things...Can't wait til our next retreat....might have to do this kinda thing more often...
Thanks so much girls, the weekend just would not have been the same without you all....and this includes our special invited guests - Tatyana and Jenny...hope you two can come next time...
Signing off now....cya   xxxx

9 comments:

  1. Another fun time! Did you buy that teapot for my collection? Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Sandi what a gorgeous place and you girls always have so much fun,love your anni downs xmas quilt its stunning,lovely pics Sandi.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see that you had a great time Sandi! And wow your Christmas Story is going to be so amazing, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW look at your Christmas Story Quilt, stunning. Thinking I also need to be making some of those project bags, just need to work out where to get the plastic "stuff" from. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW look at your Christmas Story Quilt, stunning. Thinking I also need to be making some of those project bags, just need to work out where to get the plastic "stuff" from. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at all the photos and remembering what fun we had. Cannot wait to do it all again. Thanks for a great retreat (oh and the chicken!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a lovely time, camps are always such fun. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific post. Your retreat looked amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a great time again....wished I could have popped in for another surprise visit............

    ReplyDelete