Tuesday, 27 August 2013

The Tuesday Girls...out and about again

Today Tuesday Girls went to Devon Pixies for a High Tea - why you may be asking???
Well to tell you the truth we had no reason at all.  Who needs a reason to spend time with great friends and yummy food...
Devon Pixies is not to far from where we live and unfortunately we had such a good time that we are planning on going back again and again... the unfortunate part is for my waist line....oh well - maybe I can walk home....lol
From left to right - Laurel (aka Lush), Me (aka Sandi), Teresa (aka Cassie), infront Nor (aka Norreen), and Helen (aka Mrs Sparrow)....don't we look like proper ladies...ok stop laughing...























If you look closely here you can spot a food blogger or two...lol


















Today I learnt something new - I love cucumber sandwiches.....where have they been all my life,
why haven't I tasted them sooner....who has been holding out on me...time to stock up I think....
Look at this wonderful chocolate cupcake....yummmmmm



















I made a couple of little purchases - a keepsake bookmark to remind me of today and a Christmas
ceramic cupcake to put away til December...



















I had the most wonderful time today, some of the girls have had a tough week and it was lovely to
laugh with each other and be there for each other...friends are truly an important part of life and I think I have some of the greatest friends anyone can have....

Now for something more home related....My boys have been playing cards amongst themselves lately, and from another room I can often hear them laughing and chatting and sometimes being the fool but it warms my heart to think they just like each other...they are all different in personalities, they range in age from 18 - 23 and for some reason lately they have all been growing facial hair..I am hoping there is not a bet going with a razor not in sight for a while...but they are my boys and I love them dearly and to top things off - they even posed for this photo without tooo much encouragement..
just lots of joking about who is the tallest...
Yes your right, I am a little bit - deep and meaningful - tonight...remembering family that has passed or thinking of friends who have lost love ones....I want to always remind myself to enjoy the little things - Life is just too Short....
Left to right - my youngest son - Jaxon, my middle son - James and my eldest son - Keelan...

















That's all for me tonight....I sign off with the sounds of laughter still coming from the other end of the house and nope I would not change a thing....(unless they are still making noise at some ungodly hour)..lol
cheers all and may all your dreams come true...

5 comments:

  1. Great post Sandi. I am sitting here listening to my boys playing cards as well... amazing hey? I had a wonderful day today with you girls and now I have both my boys home and loving that as well. James and Liv cooked dinner tonight and I have had the best food/no cooking day ever! xx thanks for being such a great friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and gorgeous boys too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Sandi. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to read this. Glad you had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have a beautiful day with beautiful friends. Sounds like a very special day for you.

    ReplyDelete