Saturday, 17 August 2013

Saturday Outing with a couple of The Tuesday Girls..and lots of photos...

Not our usual get together but what a great day we all had...We decided today to visit the Ipswich Antiques and Collectables show, OMG how much eye candy can one person take on in one day...
So many pretty things and I feel I was very well behaved with only a couple of purchases...
My first score for the day was these three little ducks...when I say little, I mean teeny tiny.  As you can see by the photo I have place a thimble beside them just to show how small they are.  I have a weakness for little ducks and geese and fell in love with this little trio as soon as I laid my eyes on them... definitely a must have...


















Next on my want list was a teacup, but how does one choose from so many for sale...I had another one in my little mitts when I decided on this one...I am a sucker for roses, my favourite flower and this teacup will do me just fine...


















Now for some retail therapy - of the fabric kind...we headed off to Rose Patchwork for a little shopping...I have been after some neutral fabrics to blend with some of my stash and found these while visiting this shop...I also bought a layer cake and some red spot (for some chrissy projects)..



















We then called into the Country Quilt Shop, here I bought some sewing essentials (threads, hexie papers etc)....Sorry no photos from here...
Now where to eat...we drove around for a while, not knowing the area, we were not sure where to go but the owner of Rose Patchwork told us of the local gardens - Queens Park...so off we headed to find this place...What a great place...she was right about the café at the park, it was fabulous...
The owners were lovely supplying colouring books for the kids there, a couple of the patrons had dogs so they brought them out their own water bowls, and then we observed the owner bringing ice creams out for the kids so the parents could continue chatting and enjoying their coffees...talk about service, you don't see too many places like this anymore...
The food was delicious...and the company fantastic...too many laughs had by all once again...who needs therapy....lol
Helen and Norreen...


















Me and Norreen..


















One of the waitresses offered to take a photo of the three of us...did I mention they were friendly too..


















My lunch - something simple - bacon, egg, lettuce and tomato toasted sandwiches....


















And for dessert - I really shouldn't have but who could resist...Honey and Macadamia Cheesecake...yum



















We decide to go for a walk around the park and came across the zoo....I don't have any photos of here but it was a great walk and it was absolutely free....
There was a farm animal section too and I got to give the resident cow a good scratch....and I don't care what anyone says but I think he loved his scratch...
Now to go and have a walk around the Japanese Gardens...here I took heaps of photos but have narrowed it down to just a couple for you...





































Helen stopped to take a couple of photos but we behaved ourselves and waited for her...come on girl, catch up...


















So that's it for todays blog...what a great day.  I will definitely come back and I will even give the cow another scratch and maybe even the goats if they will come close enough...ok and the kangaroos and anything else that wants a scratch (no Norreen I will not give you or Helen a scratch...lol)..
Time for bed, its been a long day but a very memorable one....cheers...xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post Sandi. Queens Park is really nice. We often catch up with a hotrod group for coffee there then go on a run to Harrisville. LOve all your goodies. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day, good company and lovely little purchases. My friend and I go to visit Suzanne at Country Quilt Co sometimes, and then go to the Queens Park cafe for lunch. It is always lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol,great post Snadi,thankyou for sharing your lovely day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous day out. The park is beautiful (and so is all your shopping).

    ReplyDelete