Tuesday, 30 July 2013

It's Not My Birthday But It Sure Feels Like It..

 
Lots of goodies today...a couple of The Tuesday Girls travelled to Melbourne to go to the Quilt show and to do a little  shop hopping.  I was unable to attend so they brought me back some pressies...
Helen gave me the pink money box (this is to save up for our next retreat), Norreen gave me the stitchery (it has three pretty buttons included with the pattern) and Lynda (whom I am still yet to meet in person) gave me this beautiful little hair comb sitting on top of the moneybox...Thank you girls for my gifts - I love them... 























I had contacted the lovely Marilyn from The Patchwork Teahouse to organise a visit from the group...
This was a must, as far as I was concerned (not that I have ever been there myself) and I believe no one was disappointed.  The shop and Marilyn lived up to all expectations and more..  Marilyn was very thoughtful and sent home this pattern and scissor fob for me...Thanks heaps Marilyn, I can't wait to visit The Patchwork Teahouse personally... 























Now because I was unable to make the trip I sent along some shopping money for the girls to bring me back some goodies...I let them choose whatever they thought I would like...
And didn't they do a great job...
Firstly there is this gorgeous chocolate case and little teddy...I am going to display these on my bookshelf...
These are my - non sew project - do that means they don't have to make there way onto my TO DO LIST...perfect..



















Then there are these three patterns - these will end up on the list....
Do you remember my previous blog about a pin cushion that Helen had soooo much fun putting together, well payback has begun....As you can see by the middle pattern that I now have one to do, but I am sure I will have no problems at all...I will post later as I have completed each project..


















Thank you girls for bringing me back my goodies...I cant wait to start them - I could make a habit of this - sending someone out to do my shopping for me, its faster than the post...
While the girls were away I did a little book shopping and all three books were delivered today...mmm more goodies.  Told you it was like my birthday...but better cause I didn't go up in age.  Maybe that's there secret to birthdays, celebrate them when its not your birthday...good excuse for cake too.


















Well that's it for me today...I think it is time for a cuppa and a little read through the books...
Cya all...              xxxx

2 comments:

  1. The Girl's did very well shopping for you Sandi you got some lovely things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely things. A very happy unbirthday to you.

    ReplyDelete